2019 Suzuki jimny

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!

HoboNomad

Rank I

Contributor I

Currently South Korea
First Name
adam
Last Name
escobar
Member #

Any thoughts on these? I'd love to test drive one. Watched some video reviews don't seem too bad. Wondering if anyone is driving one. suzuki-jimny-lead-wide.jpeg

AnywhereInTX

Rank VI

Contributor III

Monterey, CA, USA
First Name
Jeff
Last Name
C
Member #

Ham Callsign
GMRS: WRDP535
We'd love to have them here in the US, but unfortunately they aren't street legal here. As much as I would love to have a single purpose toy, I can't justify trailering it to and from the trail.

That being said, I'd love to have one. I have tried to purchase multiple Suzuki Samurai's in the past but never had the luck of actually landing one.

HoboNomad

Rank I

Contributor I

Currently South Korea
First Name
adam
Last Name
escobar
Member #

It is a shame they won't be in the states. Looking around the internet and good ol IG people are already doing amazing things with them. It's crazy.

z06jeff

Rank II

Advocate II

My wife has a Kizashi, my daily driver is an 03 Tracker (Grand Vitara), and my son has an SX4. We are a Suzuki family, and it kills me that I can't have the new Jimny. It is sad Suzuki is no longer in North America. They really made a great product. I don't blame GM for them leaving though. I blame Suzuki themselves. I can't count how many times people have commented on the Kizashi being a nice looking car and asking me what it was. When I say Suzuki, they look confused and say things like... "I didn't even know Suzuki made cars." or " I thought they only made motorcyles/atvs." That right there is why they failed in NA. You can't be successful selling a product if the general public doesn't know it exists. Poor marketing strategy is what I blame it on.

CR-Venturer

Rank VI

Traveler I

Chilliwack, BC, Canada
Member #

My wife has a Kizashi, my daily driver is an 03 Tracker (Grand Vitara), and my son has an SX4. We are a Suzuki family, and it kills me that I can't have the new Jimny. It is sad Suzuki is no longer in North America. They really made a great product. I don't blame GM for them leaving though. I blame Suzuki themselves. I can't count how many times people have commented on the Kizashi being a nice looking car and asking me what it was. When I say Suzuki, they look confused and say things like... "I didn't even know Suzuki made cars." or " I thought they only made motorcyles/atvs." That right there is why they failed in NA. You can't be successful selling a product if the general public doesn't know it exists. Poor marketing strategy is what I blame it on.
One of the biggest issues they had was basically letting GM steal their best models and rebadge them. Given the chance, most people decided to buy a "Chevy Tracker" instead of a Suzuki Sidekick, so Suzuki basically gave away a huge chunk of their market share by letting GM rebadge their cars.

Reactions: HoboNomad

MazeVX

Rank VI

Advocate I

Gießen Germany
Member #

Looks like a Jeep Renegade!
In reality it looks like a mix of a samurai and a Mercedes G wagon.
If you order one here, you have to wait longer than a year to get one and they are absolutely ridiculous priced... Ridiculous even compared to jeep prices.
They are great and they really made the most out of the tiny interior space, it's just a bit sad they put a very outdated engine in it, zero torque and you really need to push it hard to get going wich results in bad gas mileage.

Reactions: HoboNomad