Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Calgary, AB, Canada
First Name
Clay
Last Name
Richardson
Member #

Finally starting to modify the fishing truck.

Sold the rolling tonneau that came with it and the drop in bed liner. Line-X'd the bed and added an RSI Smart Cap Adventure with load bars. Up next I have to build the fly rod carriers for the roof. Drawer system this summer.

Attachments

ptgarcia

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Alta Loma, CA
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Garcia
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6PSF
Looking forward to seeing your rod holders. I purchased a Flambeau Bazooka Pro to haul mine. I strap it to my Leitner ACS forged rack and it works fine for holding rods with no reels attached. I'd really like something to hold (4) spinning combos rigged and ready to cast, but to purchase that I'd have to sell my youngest child! Hahaha.

Reactions: claytron8000

GLOCKer

Rank IV

Pathfinder II

Marietta, Georgia, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Battersby
Looking forward to seeing your rod holders. I purchased a Flambeau Bazooka Pro to haul mine. I strap it to my Leitner ACS forged rack and it works fine for holding rods with no reels attached. I'd really like something to hold (4) spinning combos rigged and ready to cast, but to purchase that I'd have to sell my youngest child! Hahaha.
I'm thinking about rigging something up with large black PVC type tubing for mine. I just added trout to my license and I need to take advantage of that! :D

claytron8000

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Calgary, AB, Canada
First Name
Clay
Last Name
Richardson
Member #

I'm thinking about rigging something up with large black PVC type tubing for mine. I just added trout to my license and I need to take advantage of that! :D
This is what I'm doing. Princess Auto had the metal locking end caps for PVC on sale for $20 CAD (regular $100) at a location in Calgary. All-in I'll have two fly rod rod tubes (one for a friend) with 8" PVC, coated in bedliner, for under $200. Each tube can carry 4 rods. Now, getting the right 8" PVC in Canada was a nightmare. The sewage pipe is too low a gauge for the end caps. I had to order through Granger.