Rank 0

Contributor I

Silver Spring, Maryland
First Name
Petr
Last Name
Vojar
Hi everyone,
Out of curiosity....if anyone has same or similar issue with AC cooling like me. On hot days, I have my AC set to 71, but often is really hotter in the cab then 71, and I do have to blow the fan almost to maximum. Does anyone experience this as well or is it just me :-/

PeTas

Rank 0

Contributor I

Silver Spring, Maryland
First Name
Petr
Last Name
Vojar
Recirculate button - that is the temperature wheel or is that something else?
I will check the settings, to see if there is optional setting for the fan.
I had no idea there was something like that there...

PeTas

Rank 0

Contributor I

Silver Spring, Maryland
First Name
Petr
Last Name
Vojar
I will let you know, in the 2019 ZR2 the AC left button when pressed turns the AC on or off (in Bison) and the temp on right has digital screen which reads the set temp digits.
Also, when I leave for work every morning, I hear water like running/gurgling (sorry my tech English is not great) on right hand side of the cabin behind the dashboard.....but that could be the coolant.

Pathfinder I

Pacific Northwest
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Claggett
Service Branch
U. S. Army
My 17 AC well drive you out of the cab on a hot day, it's cold. I've read several posts about AC problems and the infortainment screen problems on the 19's. I think they have a bug they have not exterminated yet.

PeTas

Rank 0

Contributor I

Silver Spring, Maryland
First Name
Petr
Last Name
Vojar
My 17 AC well drive you out of the cab on a hot day, it's cold. I've read several posts about AC problems and the infortainment screen problems on the 19's. I think they have a bug they have not exterminated yet.
Great :unamused:
If I drive with the AC on, it is nice and cold. But when I stop, the air slowly goes to warm. I had Toyota RAV4 2013, I never used auto on AC, it was always on manual with 73 degrees set and fan blowing hardly mid speed I was never war in that car.
Not sure what to think about this system in my truck. Maybe the AC can't keep up, maybe it a bug, like you said.

Pathfinder I

Pacific Northwest
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Claggett
Service Branch
U. S. Army
HVAC is controlled by the BCM, I think the 19' received a totally new program, the info screen is much different than the 17 or 18 model years. Several posts at coloradofans.com about the 19' issues.

PeTas

Rank 0

Contributor I

Silver Spring, Maryland
First Name
Petr
Last Name
Vojar
Got the sPOD Bantam Touchscreen installed today. While the unit is not cheap, the install was a breeze and it looks great in the engine bay and on the inside. The touchscreen was mounted using ram mount balls and a medium length socket arm. I just ordered a short socket arm to see if that looks/functions better. I mounted the ball inside the cubby between the heated seat controls, drilled another hole (actually two as I drilled the first hole on the wrong side) to run the ethernet cable to power the touchscreen. Ran the cable alongside the plastic cover going from the center console to the footwell.

Typing on the screen was a little annoying, but I did get it done. To save a headache, press Save immediately after you typed in the words, if you hit the advanced features button, you loose what you wrote when you go back.

I drilled a hole through the firewall alongside the hood latch cable, got a rubber grommet at Lowes (Home Depot doesn't carry them in the stores in Austin), but I'm still going to seal up everything with silicone. I mounted the Bantam on the engine bay fuse box cover. I chose this orientation so I can easily mount another Bantam next to it if I ever need to expand.

Still waiting for Baja Designs to exchange out my 20" light bar that is going under the low bar on the grill. Also ordering the extension lines for the lights in the rear bumper.

I really like this location, still have access to every button and can still use the large area beneath. It's right at hand from the driver's seat, so really easy to operate and see. The only problem with it there is can only use two fingers to switch out of park (hence I'm going to try the 1" shorter arm).

Remember to ground to Chassis as the smart alternators mess with the Bantam.

Pardon me my ignorance,....but what is this thingy do?
Also, I meant to ask...what is the widest tires I can mount on the Bison without any mods?
Thank you again!

PeTas

Rank 0

Contributor I

Silver Spring, Maryland
First Name
Petr
Last Name
Vojar
Aaaah....understood, thank you for the explanation!
I still have time to get different tires, but I was thinking also that I will get the AEV rims and accordingly sized tires for it. But like I said, I still have few year before the stock tires are completely shaved.

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

Aaaah....understood, thank you for the explanation!
I still have time to get different tires, but I was thinking also that I will get the AEV rims and accordingly sized tires for it. But like I said, I still have few year before the stock tires are completely shaved.
Keeping the truck 100% stock a 265/70/17 (31.7") or 255/75/17 (32.1") will fit. Anything larger may cause some rub in the right conditions.

PeTas

Rank 0

Contributor I

Silver Spring, Maryland
First Name
Petr
Last Name
Vojar
If you are talking about the Camera system, with the add-on front camera, that does not work with the 2019's trust me, I tried having it installed and it's sitting in my house as it's not compatible. If you are talking about the Dashcam, I know of few folks have ordered it over on coloradofans, but not sure what the results were.
No, not dash cam.
I did found this, it says GM....not sure is that applies to Chevy as well.

2014 - 2019 GM Front Camera Kit for 8" Display

PeTas

Rank 0

Contributor I

Silver Spring, Maryland
First Name
Petr
Last Name
Vojar
I've never seen that camera system before, but I do know that the 2019 Infotainment systems do not have the same inputs as the early (2018 and prior) infotainment systems, so I don't see how they can say the same kit will fit 2014 to 2019. My suggestion is give them a call and see if they are aware of the changes to the systems and if they will let you return it if it doesn't fit.
I have called them, but I did not asked that question. I will although call tomorrow and find out.

Pathfinder I

Pacific Northwest
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Claggett
Service Branch
U. S. Army
I have the EchoMaster front camera, it works for 15-18year models, they are working on a 19 model. I find the camera is great for picking your line in rocky terrain. The Echomaster is a plug and play unit.

Reactions: YETI X and JCWages

Pathfinder I

Pacific Northwest
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Claggett
Service Branch
U. S. Army
Echomaster is working on a 19 model, nothing yet. I think it would be worth waiting for the Echomaster. The camera module attaches to the back of the nav unit, it was two oem plugs that plug into the nav unit. You run a single cable out to the front bumper. You have four dip switches on the module that must be in the correct position, My 17 screen gives a great picture, you can run the front camera when ever you want, it's seamless with the backup camera.