Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Prosper, TX, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
Arailt
Member #

What does everyone think? I was half expecting a lifted Fiat 500 when Jeep announced the redesign, but I think they did a great job with the JL.

Back to the boxier front end. Awesome CJ-ish grille design. Diesel in 2019. Kept the solid front axle and manual transmission option. Rubicon trim will run 35s on the stock suspension. Tons of interior tie downs and molle panels in the front seat backs. Looks like there's already a vent hole in the passenger fender for a snorkel. Seems like they're definitely catering a little more to the overland community now.

I'm not a huge fan of the daytime running lights in the flares, but that's just nitpicking.

Sparky

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

San Jose, California
Member #

I'm glad to see that they've finally incorporated the sport bar down the sides of the windshield into the dash.. should help provide cabin security in a rollover event.

Hafaday

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Richmond, VA.
Member #

I’m not seeing it. Took me 7 years to finally come around to the JK/U. I think I’ll keep my 14. If the new J truck which I’m waiting for looks anything like the JL... I will be done with Jeep for a new vehicle. Not a threat, just saying.

Sent from space using MyphoneOB Talk

29er

Rank 0

Traveler I

Reno
The JL is cool if you are in the market. If you have an unlimited budget, you can custom build it the way you wish from the factory and have a nice warranty. Great feature to be able to do 35” tires off the lot.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Reactions: Sparky

Overland USA

Rank VII
Launch Member

Steward I

Rolling Meadows, IL
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Bogan
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRJC877
What does everyone think? I was half expecting a lifted Fiat 500 when Jeep announced the redesign, but I think they did a great job with the JL.

Back to the boxier front end. Awesome CJ-ish grille design. Diesel in 2019. Kept the solid front axle and manual transmission option. Rubicon trim will run 35s on the stock suspension. Tons of interior tie downs and molle panels in the front seat backs. Looks like there's already a vent hole in the passenger fender for a snorkel. Seems like they're definitely catering a little more to the overland community now.

I'm not a huge fan of the daytime running lights in the flares, but that's just nitpicking.

Thank you for sharing this.

Reactions: Arailt