2018 4Runner from Central Florida

• HTML tutorial

Shwell

Rank 0

Traveler I

Florida
I have been meaning to be active on this site, but it seems Im losing brain cells daily.

2018 Toyota 4Runner Off Road Premium with the SouthEast Toyota Finance XP package.

XP= PRO Wheels, Grille, Blacked out Emblems, Front Valence, and Side Steps

I have been through quite a few different setups over the 10 moths of ownership, learning what works for me the hard way. Luckily for me Ive been able to find most of the things I have equipped it with on the FB marketplace.

Gobi Stealth Rack/Ladder
Inexpensive Lights (Roof, Grille, Rear)
RCR4WD Side Steps (Replacing with REAL SLiders soon)
DIY High Clearance Mod
SSO Slimline Hybrid Bumper
Expedition Essentials T4RPAM mount
Auxbeam 6 Gang Light Control Module
Whynter Fridge/Freezer
SmittyBilt RTT/Awning
Badlands 9500 Winch (Warn on Order)
HAM/CB/FRS/GMRS
Portable Solar Setup (For use in Runner or Camper/Trailer)
Greyman Tactical Molle Panels (Behind Seat models)
Mounts by Rago, Cali Raised, and SDHQ for light Bars and Ditch Lights

*I will not spend another dime on this until I have decided on, and installed a lift. I have out it off long enough. Lift and Bigger tires (285's) are the current priorities. 89030

What it looked like the day I picked it up, before the dealership installed the XP package

What it looked like after 2 months of owenrship

Last edited:

ExploreMoreX4

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Columbus, GA
First Name
Josh
Last Name
Bernstein
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Got the same XP package on my 2018, looks killer so far. How are you liking the Greyman tactical panels? I like the idea of them but not sure how much I’d end up attaching to them

Reactions: Shwell

Shwell

Rank 0

Traveler I

Florida
The Panels are great for my needs. I can admit that they fill a need for me that is specific to my lifestyle and might not be for everyone. My panels (I have 2) are basically full, I have used every bit of real estate they have. The biggest issue is you are constantly thinking of new things to add to them, or different ways to configure them.

Shwell

Rank 0

Traveler I

Florida
Wanted to make an Update.. SO much has changed since my last update.

Ive gone with a Bilstein 5100/OME lift
Spacers
Added a Wilco Spare Carrier
More Lights (Still using the bargain lights from Amazon, but an upgrade is already ordered)
FInally Installed the ARB under Carriage protection ive had in the garage for a year

JGlad82

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Texas
Member #

I'm stuck between the Gobi or a Frontrunner rack. What are your thoughts on the Gobi so far?

Shwell

Rank 0

Traveler I

Florida
I'm stuck between the Gobi or a Frontrunner rack. What are your thoughts on the Gobi so far?
Here is a run down for me.

Well Designed, and Well Built, but the Finish is the weak point.

The Stealth has great features for adding Lights, while adding storage takes a bit of work, it is doable and not very complicated to figure out.
Buying Gobi accessories can be quite pricey, but that is the case with any of the popular brands in the Industry. For instance, I needed the cross bars to use my roof top tent.

I have not experienced any increased noise from adding a Light Bar up front. Running wiring for the added lights isnt as clean as I have seen on other Racks, but some zip ties and creative placement works.

Mounting was very straight forward and no drilling was definitely appreciated.

I_ love the way it looks. I am very happy with what I am able to do with it. Very happy with this unit.

My complaints: Finish is not very resilient and will need to be addressed as needed. I have multiple points with rust where the finish was removed during hard use.
It is a very tight space to work in. My hands are on the fat side, so it can be quite troublesome adding things to the rack that require hardware to mount.