Launch Member

Contributor I

Joplin MO
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Nash
Member #

I am test driving a 2017 TRD Sport and I have some questions.

1. The inner fenders are gone since it already has a small lift and upgraded tires. Is that going to cause issues with wiring and lights?

1a. Is there a splash guard kit or something to install in place of the inner fenders?

2. The backup camera doesn't work. Has anyone else experienced this and do you know a fix?

3. The head unit display is very dim or does not light up. Is this a setting or another bug?

4. There is a wire hanging down behind the drivers side fender with a quick connect end. Is that something that would have plugged into a sensor on the inner fender?

any info is appreciated!

Pathfinder I

Pacific Northwest
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Claggett
Service Branch
U. S. Army
Find a good off road shop that is local and spend the $$ to have a inspection, they can tell if it's been rode hard and put away wet.

MBroenkow

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate I

Sonoma County, CA
Member #

You mention so many odd little things that point to sloppy installations and questionable upkeep, especially for a three or four year old truck. I would really consider looking for a better example that won’t have you dealing with someone else’s headaches.

Reactions: OzarkNewb

OzarkNewb

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Joplin MO
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Nash
Member #

I sent it back for those same reasons. The front tires rubbed and nearly broke the fender flare loose. It definitely was built half ass