Everson, PA, USA
First Name
MICHAEL
Last Name
SULKOWSKI
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRTB684
My current build is a 2017 GMC Sierra it's a slow build but its slowly getting there.

Current mods
RC 2.5" level lift
ADD Lite Bumper with top hoop
40" Rigid industries radiance light bar
GMC Colorado steps
275/65r18 Cooper RTX
Unistrut bed cross rails
Sears x-cargo box

Future mods
Custom rock sliders
Custom rear bumper
Redo bed box

IMG_20191120_004315_485.jpgSnapchat-239428408.jpg

JCWages

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Grass Valley, CA, USA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Wages
Member #

I dig it! I'd recommend a winch or at least tow straps. Combined with a chainsaw you'll be able to clear downed trees from across the trails.

Razorrc

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Everson, PA, USA
First Name
MICHAEL
Last Name
SULKOWSKI
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRTB684
I dig it! I'd recommend a winch or at least tow straps. Combined with a chainsaw you'll be able to clear downed trees from across the trails.
I carry around 100' of tow strap behind the rear seat. I have plans to build a front receiver and have a winch on a hitch mount and wired so I can run it front or rear.

Theres been a few spots that I wish I had a chainsaw. No for me but I had my buddy following me in his Cummins.

Reactions: RickLB and JCWages

Razorrc

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Everson, PA, USA
First Name
MICHAEL
Last Name
SULKOWSKI
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRTB684
Reactions: JCWages

RickLB

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Blythewood SC
First Name
Richard
Last Name
Byrum
Member #

Service Branch
Army
Its Addictive Desert Designs Lite Bumper

Wish they made a winch bumper for it

Razorrc

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Everson, PA, USA
First Name
MICHAEL
Last Name
SULKOWSKI
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRTB684

BCMoto

Rank IV

Influencer II

SF
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Agloro
Member #

Nice build you have there, let me know when you start building your rock sliders ide be interested as im thinking about building my set soon.

Reactions: scott.amy00

Razorrc

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Everson, PA, USA
First Name
MICHAEL
Last Name
SULKOWSKI
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRTB684
Slowly starting my winch mount. Wanted to mount it behind the bumper but their isn't enough room. So I picked up a used hitch that I will be modifying to have a "weekend warrior" winch. It's most likely going to be staying on the front 95% of the time. But will have it wired up to use off the rear aswell. The trailer hitch will come out of the bumper between the lightbar and the bottom of the ADD logo.20200222_113947.jpg20200222_160546.jpg

Razorrc

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Everson, PA, USA
First Name
MICHAEL
Last Name
SULKOWSKI
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRTB684
Nice build you have there, let me know when you start building your rock sliders ide be interested as im thinking about building my set soon.
I will let you know when I start building them. Looking at some other options of buying a set and modifying to make them work on the truck. I need a set that's between 100" and 103".

Razorrc

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Everson, PA, USA
First Name
MICHAEL
Last Name
SULKOWSKI
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRTB684
Haven't gotten a chance to start on my rocksliders yet, but I redid my bed rack. 1 5/8" superstrut from Lowes. Also started my DIY awning. Need to finish finishing touches and will post more pictures. Snapchat-943594839.jpgSnapchat-1090961274.jpg

BCMoto

Rank IV

Influencer II

SF
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Agloro
Member #

Very nice, I want to make mine out of tube that ill have to bend and what hardware did you used to bolt it the bedsides

Reactions: Razorrc

Razorrc

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Everson, PA, USA
First Name
MICHAEL
Last Name
SULKOWSKI
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRTB684
Very nice, I want to make mine out of tube that ill have to bend and what hardware did you used to bolt it the bedsides
Currently its 3/8-18 x 1 1/4" ungraded hardware with a nylon lock nut on the inside. I was originally going to use nutcerts but the ones I have weren't long enough to grab the 3 layers of sheetmetal. The angle is 2x2 1/8th thick angle cut to 13 3/4" just cut what I had in half and thats what it ended up being. Can get you better pictures tomorrow if need be.

ThundahBeagle

Rank V

Advocate I

Massachusetts
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Beagle
Member #

Ok, I really like the DIY factor of a tarp instead of paying a thousand bucks for something pre-fab and fancy!

Do you literally have to un-velcro the tarp and manually unwind it around the pole as it grows larger and more unwieldy until it is fully extended, or did you manage some "window shade" action there somehow?

I've just been taking my folded tarp out of my toolbox and tying it to the roof rack and a couple trees. I dont want to buy some "aimed at overlanders" expensive awning - no offence to those who go that route.

This looks like a happy medium

Reactions: Razorrc

Razorrc

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Everson, PA, USA
First Name
MICHAEL
Last Name
SULKOWSKI
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRTB684
Ok, I really like the DIY factor of a tarp instead of paying a thousand bucks for something pre-fab and fancy!

Do you literally have to un-velcro the tarp and manually unwind it around the pole as it grows larger and more unwieldy until it is fully extended, or did you manage some "window shade" action there somehow?

I've just been taking my folded tarp out of my toolbox and tying it to the roof rack and a couple trees. I dont want to buy some "aimed at overlanders" expensive awning - no offence to those who go that route.

This looks like a happy medium
I have to manually unroll it. Thats how most bought awnings are. The legs and rigid piece I have across the end are permanently attached to the tarp via bolts. My buddies smittybilt awning was where I got my idea from.

The tarp it attached to a 1 1/2" piece of conduit (only reason is because i had it) via 5- 1/4" self tappers. The other end of the tarp is attached to a piece of 1/2 conduit via 3 bolts. One on each end and one in the middle. The outer bolts one is a 2 1/2" x 1/4" bolt, the other is a 3 1/2" bolt with a 3/4" spacer. The legs also attach to those bolts and then fold against the 1/2" piece and then the tarp rolls up around the legs to the rack.

Last edited: