Launch Member

Traveler III

los angeles
First Name
Errol
Last Name
Williams
Member #

looking to put a aluminum canopy/topper on the truck. The generic ones on the market are not quite what I want. I have found fab shops in the east and north.[+freight gets expensive] Like to buy local so I can have input and see what I am purchasing. So does any body know of a fab shop in southern California to help me out.
2017 F150 4x4 6.5 bed

Last edited:
Reactions: mjherron and Raul B

Raul B

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kyle, Hays County, Texas, United States
First Name
Raul
Last Name
Banuelos
Member #

looking to put a aluminum canopy/topper on the truck. The generic ones on the market are not quite what I want. I have found fab shops in the east and north.[+freight gets expensive] Like to buy local so I can have input and see what I am purchasing. So does any body know of a fab shop in southern California to help me out.
2017 F150 4x4 6.5 bed
What exactly are you looking for?

ovrit

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler III

los angeles
First Name
Errol
Last Name
Williams
Member #

like ARE/snugtop commercial but beefed up and a couple of extras added

ovrit

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler III

los angeles
First Name
Errol
Last Name
Williams
Member #

ok I will look into them thanks. I see they made your rear bar looks good what that cost u

ovrit

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler III

los angeles
First Name
Errol
Last Name
Williams
Member #

looked at ARE and other cookie cutter mainstream manufactures ok if you want to drive on road and keep most of the rain out not what want.

RoarinRow

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Elk Grove, CA, USA
First Name
Rolando
Last Name
Nispiros
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN6JJS
looked at ARE and other cookie cutter mainstream manufactures ok if you want to drive on road and keep most of the rain out not what want.
They make commercial quality toppers as well.

ovrit

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler III

los angeles
First Name
Errol
Last Name
Williams
Member #

well this thread is done I ordered a snap outfitters treehouse from Pennsylvania

Reactions: mjherron

ovrit

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler III

los angeles
First Name
Errol
Last Name
Williams
Member #

I ordered the standard but I will be suppling a fan for fitment by them and getting lift eyes fitted and after I receive it more mods to come solar, kitchen, awning stuff like that. hopefully delivery will be 8 weeks

ovrit

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler III

los angeles
First Name
Errol
Last Name
Williams
Member #

Well that was a FAIL, so I am on the hunt for another one. I wanted one like the alucab [they only fit Toyota or ranger] but I am now also looking at a short rack ? cover ? and RTT [bundutop] Still hunting for manufactures. I can not believe the lack of support for the biggest selling truck I the USA.

Raul B

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

First Name
Raul
Last Name
Banuelos
Member #

Well that was a FAIL, so I am on the hunt for another one. I wanted one like the alucab [they only fit Toyota or ranger] but I am now also looking at a short rack ? cover ? and RTT [bundutop] Still hunting for manufactures. I can not believe the lack of support for the biggest selling truck I the USA.
It's actually grown since I started building my f150. It was next to zero 5 years ago.

If your going to go with a rack I would highly recommend Leitner design. As per RTT I have had 4 cvts and they have all been great.

ovrit

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler III

los angeles
First Name
Errol
Last Name
Williams
Member #

had a soft top RTT 20 years ago not again it will be a hard top or clam shell. Leitner is ,thinking of a short style so top of tent is at or just above roof line

Raul B

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer II

First Name
Raul
Last Name
Banuelos
Member #

had a soft top RTT 20 years ago not again it will be a hard top or clam shell. Leitner is ,thinking of a short style so top of tent is at or just above roof line
Leitner will Def be above roof line. If you want a lower profile one frontrunners would work. Thst would put the tent at or just under the roof line.

First pic is the front runner and second is Leitner. 20150313_174045.jpeg20160521_093134.jpeg