2017 3.2ltr Ford Ranger Dual Cab XLT

• HTML tutorial

GabrielSyler

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Chatswood NSW, Australia
Member #

I also installed a mobile phone booster/repeater last weekend which gives a 100dB boost to the signal. 1 bar 4G LTE will boost to full bars. As long as their is a signal, it can boost it. It will boost 3G, 4G and 4GX. I've not had chance to try the range out in the sticks yet, but in areas with a poor signal it works great. Full signal inside the vehicle, but I need to play around with the internal aerial placement so I can get a signal just outside of the vehicle . The external and internal aerials don't play well together and need metal separation. Not cheap but its mainly for work rather than weekends away. No photos as it's all hidden away apart from the antenna.

GabrielSyler

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Chatswood NSW, Australia
Member #

I had been getting a lot of vibration when driving. turns out 2 wheels were buckled and 2 tyres where flat spotted. Which mean 4x new tyres (and 2 wheels). Decided to use this as an opportunity to go larger. so went from 265 31" to 285 33". Decided to go with alloys instead of steels. These alloys have a higher GVM rating which should give them a little more strength. They also look good.

Next step is to get the car lifted a little higher, I'm not happy with the clearance on the front.

20190322_162851.jpg

skumancer

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Panama City, Panama
First Name
Ricardo
Last Name
Chavarria
Member #

Awesome build!

Im in the process of getting pretty much the same wagon! Difference is we get the Ranger 3.2 in a in-line 5 cylinder here in the UK would have loved a V6 purely for the sound [emoji23].

Who makes this water tank id like to do this mod on mine as the space under the Tub is pretty much wasted and I love the utility of this!

Following with interest!
Regards
Jakes
There is no V6 3.2L. Op made mistake. It’s always a 5-inline.

Jakes2514

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler III

Sutton Heath, Sutton, Woodbridge, IP12 3EQ, United Kingdom
First Name
Jakes
Last Name
van der Merwe
Member #

There is no V6 3.2L. Op made mistake. It’s always a 5-inline.
No worries mate! I literally picked my Ranger up on Friday, a 3 year old 3.2L with only 12K miles on the clock, in the UK would have expected a 3 year old example to be 60K(ish) miles on so super chuffed with it. Just need to get a jiggle on with the build now ;)

GabrielSyler

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Chatswood NSW, Australia
Member #

Decided to tidy up the centre console a little.

Since I don't use the 12v cigarette socket, I swapped the remaining one over to a UHF connector. This looks a lot neater than the switch panel I had it previously sitting in.

20190426_141058.jpg20190426_141028.jpg

I also decided I didn't like the rocker switches so changed them for something a little smoother. I finally got around to adding the winch switch. Winching can now done using this switch, the wireless remote or the cables remote plugged into the main box.

20190526_164358.jpg