Member #

Sojourn Overlanding

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

New York
Member #

Hi Katzna85,

Really good looking Silverado :smiley: . I just joined OverlandBound and "Silverado" was my first search... and your post came first.... very nice.
I have a 2016 Silverado Crew Cab with Leer Cap and I am looking for some ideas/advices regarding HAM radio (brand new to it as well, I just got a BaoFeng BF-F8HP and working on my Technician license. I am looking to put a roof rack on my cab as well (strong enough to support a roof tent eventually).

Be Safe!!!

Julien-

Katzna85

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Chicago
Member #

How does this rack attach to the roof.
The roof rack attaches with thread-serts that come from the company. Requires drilling into your roof and a special tool to set the thread-sert. Whenever drilling I always make sure to paint your bare metal and for the roof rack add a healthy amount of sealant around the thread-serts.

Sent from my iPhone

Reactions: Natchez

Natchez

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Chesapeake, VA, USA
Member #

The roof rack attaches with thread-serts that come from the company. Requires drilling into your roof and a special tool to set the thread-sert. Whenever drilling I always make sure to paint your bare metal and for the roof rack add a healthy amount of sealant around the thread-serts.

Sent from my iPhone

Maybe after a couple small dents and scratches, for now I’ll stick with the Yakima

Bojak4909

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate I

Atlanta
The ICON System Is In!

ICON Stage 4

Front
-ICON 2.5 Adjustable remote reservior coilover shocks
-ICON upper control arms
-Delta Joints

Back
-ICON 2.5 Series piggyback rear shocks

Sent from my iPhone
Man, that is sharp. Can you post any photos of the truck that show the whole truck from the side? Like to see the total package if we could. Looks really tough in these pics. Keep it up.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding

Cort

Rank VI
Launch Member

Trail Blazer III

Grand Rapids
First Name
Cort
Last Name
Beard
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD8GQL
Looks awesome! You might want to see if your transmission or transfer case has a breather as well. I’m looking forward to hearing how you like that Icon set up!

EP34FR

Rank I

Traveler I

How do you like that M-Rack? What do you haul on it mostly?

I stumbled across them the other day, and like their low profile look. I've been trying to determined what the roof weight capacity on my Ram 1500 Rebel is; however, all I can find is a statement in the owner's manual that says you shouldn't install any roof racks that are permanently mounted, and that you shouldn't, "for any reason" drill into the roof...because of the supplemental side airbag system. I've seen the rack on at least one other Ram 1500 Rebel though, so...