Investor

Influencer II

Nevada
First Name
Timothy
Last Name
Leto II
Member #

It is Fun to drive and does more than the Cherokee can even think of doing even Stock - but stinks on Gas and every You add is 1,000.00 makes the Build really slow

Jdelpercio93

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Youngstown, OH, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Del Percio
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD8-SUM
It is Fun to drive and does more than the Cherokee can even think of doing even Stock - but stinks on Gas and every You add is 1,000.00 makes the Build really slow
Oh I’m sure!! The Cherokee is a happy medium ground for me. Capable enough to do what I want to do off road but still is great on the highway with all the driving I do. I put 38,000 miles on it over the last year! But if I can come up with the funds one day I would love to upgrade to a JT lol make sure you post some pictures of the build as you go would love to see them!

Sylvester

Rank V
Investor

Influencer II

Nevada
First Name
Timothy
Last Name
Leto II
Member #

I can do that, If your ever out West look me up almost always near Nevada

Jdelpercio93

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Youngstown, OH, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Del Percio
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD8-SUM
I can do that, If your ever out West look me up almost always near Nevada
I’ll definitely take you up on that! I’m suppose to be out that way in the end of July actually with a group of about 5-7 Cherokees from here in Ohio!

Quacken

Rank V

Off-Road Ranger I

Belleville, IL, USA
First Name
Jordan
Last Name
Watson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD9YQP
Have any of you removed the seat back for the drivers side rear seats (60% seat side)? If so how did you do it

Reactions: Jdelpercio93

Jdelpercio93

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Youngstown, OH, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Del Percio
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD8-SUM
Have any of you removed the seat back for the drivers side rear seats (60% seat side)? If so how did you do it
I’m actually looking at doing the same thing... I’m considering just doing the passenger side though. I’m not 100% sure yet

Quacken

Rank V

Off-Road Ranger I

Belleville, IL, USA
First Name
Jordan
Last Name
Watson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD9YQP
I’m actually looking at doing the same thing... I’m considering just doing the passenger side though. I’m not 100% sure yet
I figured it out, if you want a guide/pictures check out the thread i linked. I put it up after not finding anything online for guidance.

Reactions: J.W.

Jdelpercio93

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Youngstown, OH, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Del Percio
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD8-SUM
So what are you guys using to store you’re overlanding and off-roading gear in the KL? I want to get the spare tire out of the back to make more room and maybe throw it up on the roof rack... maybe this seat delete that we were talking about and building some kind of storage cabinets but I’m up for hearing everybody else’s ideas

Quacken

Rank V

Off-Road Ranger I

Belleville, IL, USA
First Name
Jordan
Last Name
Watson
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD9YQP
The seat delete is my current project. I was planning on moving the spare tire to the roof, but someone on my build thread brought up weight. In light of that i'm going to keep it in place for a while.

This weekend i'm replacing the rear tire cover piece with plywood, and making a fold out strip to cover the 60% seat area. That way if i need to put the rear seat back in i can fold up my shelf and pop the seat back into place. There is a grey plastic piece that is connected to the rear seat fabric. If you remove it you will have bolt points to install a 2x1 board to serve as an anchor point for the folding shelf.

IMG_20200421_193746.jpg

IMG_20200421_193738.jpg

Jdelpercio93

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Youngstown, OH, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Del Percio
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD8-SUM
That is super helpful! Weight is a very good point I didn’t think of plus I’m not a huge fan of stacking a bunch of stuff on the roof because I want to have room for a roof top tent... I know it’s a bit far fetched to turn the KL into any kind of long term overland rig but I want to see how close I can get it to that because I knows it’s capable enough off-road for what I would be doing

Reactions: John Smith

Pathkiller

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Effingham, South Carolina, USA
First Name
Tim
Last Name
Cox
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
NA

Attachments

_snakeskin_

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Castaic, California
First Name
alec
Last Name
wallis
Member #

OK, this mod is NOT for everyone but some might have use for it. Over the years, I‘ve gotten used to having red map lights in my work vehicle and so now I change my personal vehicles to red as well to preserve my night vision. The 2019 Trailhawk has 2 different (incandescent and LED) intereior lights so you have to get creative.

The front map lights and rear cargo lights are pretty straightforward. You pull the snap tabs for the console down from the front (closest to the windshield) and then simply replace the bulbs with LEDs. Don‘t believe the web, 194 bulbs are correct for the 19. Same size for the two cargo lights.

For the two small LED map lights above the passenger seats, I discovered that they are single LEDs soldered onto the circuit board. So I just ordered some red adhesive tint and cut it to cover the lenses. Two layers matched my other LEDs perfectly.

I left the white lights in the visor vanities for some white light if needed and the Cherokee has a small white LED shining down on the center console that can be turned off from the controls on the left side. So now I get to keep my night vision and still have white light if I were to want it.

View attachment 126758
View attachment 126759
View attachment 126760
View attachment 126761

View attachment 126762

finally got around to modifying my map lights in my vehicle and i have to say it makes a WORLD of a difference when rolling around on the trail and still being able to see at night!

Reactions: J.W.

Jdelpercio93

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Youngstown, OH, USA
First Name
John
Last Name
Del Percio
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD8-SUM
So I'm looking for some guidance. This is in reference to my 2019 KL Trailhawk. I have some general tools geared towards trail repairs while overlanding with a pretty complete set of hand tools, wrenches and sockets. I want to include an impact but I also don't want to load down the vehicle with unnecessary tools. so the question is; specifically what size IMPACT sockets would you think are needed to avoid carrying ones I don't need. Obviously this would supplemented with the socket sets for a regular ratchet. Also any ideas for trail side repairs would be nice to hear. Thanks in advance!