Launch Member

Traveler II

Carlsbad, CA, USA
First Name
user
Last Name
name
Member #

What a cool rig really wish they were imported to US! Do they still have cable lockers like the GD280s?

Reactions: Lorvet

Lorvet

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Montreux, Switzerland
First Name
Mathias
Last Name
Uldry
Member #

Thanks!

No, it's electronic now. I don't think they still make it.

You can find them in the US, but not with the "ambulance back doors" like this one.

Sent from my SM-G935F using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: 1derer

1derer

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Carlsbad, CA, USA
First Name
user
Last Name
name
Member #

Thanks!

No, it's electronic now. I don't think they still make it.

You can find them in the US, but not with the "ambulance back doors" like this one.

G300 was never imported now and then you find the gas version G320 if you do find a diesel G its 25 years or older :-( and very unlikely in CA

Lorvet

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Montreux, Switzerland
First Name
Mathias
Last Name
Uldry
Member #

G300 was never imported now and then you find the gas version G320 if you do find a diesel G its 25 years or older :-( and very unlikely in CA
Oh I didn't know that! Thanks for the information.

So bad for the US. And it's too much expensive to buy it in Europe then import it, I think...

1derer

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler II

Carlsbad, CA, USA
First Name
user
Last Name
name
Member #

Oh I didn't know that! Thanks for the information.

So bad for the US. And it's too much expensive to buy it in Europe then import it, I think...
To import into the US without preforming safety test and bring up to US standards can cost 10s if not 100s thousands of dollars. So get around DOT (department of transportation) standards it needs to be 25 years old :-( then if that's not bad enough each state has its regulations often stricter then federal government which can make it impossible to import something. Yeah its just not worth importing anything unless you know exactly the regulations for federal and state and have a fair amount of money beyond the cost of the truck.

Lorvet

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Montreux, Switzerland
First Name
Mathias
Last Name
Uldry
Member #

To import into the US without preforming safety test and bring up to US standards can cost 10s if not 100s thousands of dollars. So get around DOT (department of transportation) standards it needs to be 25 years old :-( then if that's not bad enough each state has its regulations often stricter then federal government which can make it impossible to import something. Yeah its just not worth importing anything unless you know exactly the regulations for federal and state and have a fair amount of money beyond the cost of the truck.
Wow! That's a real pain in the a**!

So expensive, that's crazy. So maybe the best way to get one is to buy it from the Canadian Army when they will sell them.

Thanks guys! I will post my progress as soon as possible. [emoji106]

Mike W

US MidWest Region Local Expert
Staff member
Investor

Expedition Master III

Ankeny, IA, USA
First Name
Mike
Last Name
IowaLR4
Member #

I'm envious... man. Cool rig. They come from the factory with headlight protection and all sorts of smart utilitarian things. Love it.

PatrickAsia

Rank 0

Traveler I

Hi Lovret,
I am wondering what is your experience driving on tarmac with this beauty. I am planning a long overland, but 30% of it is just plan (boring) road (before I hit deserts and savanna trails), wondering of the comfort/noise levels.
Cheers
Patrick

Lorvet

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Montreux, Switzerland
First Name
Mathias
Last Name
Uldry
Member #

Hi Patrick !

Of course it's more noisy than a normal car, but I think that makes the charm of it.

I often make 3h of highway with it. It's noisy but with a good stereo, you won't even notice. The more noisy stuff is the ventilation... ^^

So if you really enjoy this car, the noise won't be a problem. ;-)

For the confort, I find it very good.

Reactions: PatrickAsia