• HTML tutorial

Shane_ONeil

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Manassas, Virginia, USA
Member #

Picked this thing up in December 2014 and started playing around with upgrades that could support the goals of camping. Long story short, I discovered a wide range of off-road type recreation and have been building this thing since. I love this thing.

Top picture 31 December 2014. Bottom picture is 11 April 2019.

Modifications:
P&P rock sliders
Goodyear Wrangler MTR Kevlar 285/75R16
American Racing Baja 16x8
Gobi Stealth rack w/ladder
3" lift (Rancho RS9000s, upgraded torsion bars, add-a-leaf, articulating leaf shackles, UCAs)
3" body lift
Rugged Rocks 2" wheel spacers
Warn manual locking hubs (pending install)
Grassroots 4x4 upgraded steering center link
Upgraded/new LCAs, idler arm brace, CVs, upper and lower ball joints, tie-rods ends and sleeves
Hardcore Off-road rear tire swing out and bumper
Various lights (to include 1 inch caution amber strobes front and rear)
Smittybilt MOLLE seat-back covers
Midland CB and two-way LMRs with three foot Firestik
DepHep fabricated steel MOLLE window panels
The forward post is a Rota-pax mount for outboard FAK while on trail. The rear posts are Hi-Lift mounts.
(Camping gear omitted from this post at this time)

WIP:
Aftermarket electrical build (harness, switch panel, etc)
Vented hood
Possible repaint to Tan 686A
Possible winch

Additional pics as of 11APR19

And I love my dogs above all else. Gotta show them in here haha

Feedback, constructive criticism, advice is welcome. Thank you!

Last edited:

Shane_ONeil

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Manassas, Virginia, USA
Member #

I've got an 04 Xterra myself. I'm trying to figure out what to do with my front bumper. Can I ask, did you just chop the bottom half of yours off while getting rid of the "brush guard"?
Yessir. I just used a dremel to cut away the sections on the bumper guard and popped off the lower air dam (brush guard). Since I'm on a 3" body lift (which came with a set of stock bumper guard relocation brackets), I cannot install any current aftermarket bumpers. I'll have to have a custom bumper made due to 3" gap.

Pez

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Omaha, NE, USA
First Name
Jacob
Last Name
Paszkiewicz
Yessir. I just used a dremel to cut away the sections on the bumper guard and popped off the lower air dam (brush guard). Since I'm on a 3" body lift (which came with a set of stock bumper guard relocation brackets), I cannot install any current aftermarket bumpers. I'll have to have a custom bumper made due to 3" gap.
would it be possible to cut the stock bumper guard even further down so its only 3" and leave it on to fill the gap when you install an aftermarket bumper?

Shane_ONeil

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Manassas, Virginia, USA
Member #

would it be possible to cut the stock bumper guard even further down so its only 3" and leave it on to fill the gap when you install an aftermarket bumper?
With some skill I think it would surely be possible. I'd play around with some photoshop ideas first though. But bumper guards for first gen Xterras are relatively cheap at junkyards so one could really practice with an actual product.

Reactions: Pez