2003 Atomic Orange Nissan Xterra 4X4 Overland Build (Codename : Tigger) Picture Heavy

• HTML tutorial

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
Lol
I’ve made the mistake of saying “it doesn’t look too deep” enough times (…and replaced an engine) to give myself some extra margin of security. This winter both of my rigs will get the tcase breather added. I’ve accidentally turned the frontier into a boat on too many occasions lol
I laugh, but it's not really funny. I was behind a friend of mine, as he took his foam sided trailer through a river once. It started floating, as did his Cherokee Chief. I opted not to cross the river, and camped on the opposite side that night. They had to come back across to get out anyways.

Figured it wasn't worth the risk.

Reactions: Dusther210

Dusther210

Rank VI

Influencer I

Oakland, Bergen County, New Jersey, United States
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Helms
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2UNH
Lol
I’ve made the mistake of saying “it doesn’t look too deep” enough times (…and replaced an engine) to give myself some extra margin of security. This winter both of my rigs will get the tcase breather added. I’ve accidentally turned the frontier into a boat on too many occasions lol
I laugh, but it's not really funny. I was behind a friend of mine, as he took his foam sided trailer through a river once. It started floating, as did his Cherokee Chief. I opted not to cross the river, and camped on the opposite side that night. They had to come back across to get out anyways.

Figured it wasn't worth the risk.
Feel free to laugh at my situation, hope all worked out for your friend

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
Yeah, he made it through just fine, as did a guy in a subaru outback. Flooding my engine is a big fear of mine. I have neither the skills or money to replace it right now, if that were to happen.

Dusther210

Rank VI

Influencer I

First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Helms
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2UNH
Yeah, he made it through just fine, as did a guy in a subaru outback. Flooding my engine is a big fear of mine. I have neither the skills or money to replace it right now, if that were to happen.
That’s good. Flooding is definitely bad. You considering a snorkel?

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
I am, but it's pretty low on the list. I need tires, skid plates, fix my aux switches, paint my drawers, build my trailer, lif the frontier, new tires for the Fronty, and some other stuff first. Then maybe I'll consider a snorkel.

Dusther210

Rank VI

Influencer I

First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Helms
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2UNH
I am, but it's pretty low on the list. I need tires, skid plates, fix my aux switches, paint my drawers, build my trailer, lif the frontier, new tires for the Fronty, and some other stuff first. Then maybe I'll consider a snorkel.

Just a few things lol. For a minute I thought you were talking about my trucks lol #NissanTruckLife

• Haha
Reactions: reaver

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
Rear Tire Carrier

Coming Soon! I found one heck of a deal on a rear tire carrier for the Xterra. I'm going to pick it up soon and I will have pictures and info posted to follow!
Can't wait to see what you picked up.

ryno9562

Rank VI

Influencer I

Cayce, SC, USA
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Heath
Member #

Sorry for the delay on the bumper set up y'all. I had some family matters that came up preventing me from getting the pictures together for the post. But, no worries because it will be posted very soon! I finally got the bumper setup dialed in exactly how I want it. Stay tuned!

Reactions: reaver

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
Sorry for the delay on the bumper set up y'all. I had some family matters that came up preventing me from getting the pictures together for the post. But, no worries because it will be posted very soon! I finally got the bumper setup dialed in exactly how I want it. Stay tuned!
Hey now.... Pics or it didn't happen....

ryno9562

Rank VI

Influencer I

Cayce, SC, USA
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Heath
Member #

Hey now.... Pics or it didn't happen....
I promise they will be up very soon!

YoKramer

Rank IV

Influencer II

Concord NC
Member #

Looking forward to it. Ive been throwing around the idea of the hardcore offroad diy weld rear bumper and building a tire carrier and incorporating water/gas storage and a fold down table for food prep on it.

Reactions: ryno9562

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
Looking forward to it. Ive been throwing around the idea of the hardcore offroad diy weld rear bumper and building a tire carrier and incorporating water/gas storage and a fold down table for food prep on it.
That's the kit that I put on mine. I will say, it wasn't the best kit.....some of the pieces didn't fit perfectly (I think they didn't bend the outer part of the bumper enough, if I recall), but I've been happy with mine.

YoKramer

Rank IV

Influencer II

Concord NC
Member #

That's the kit that I put on mine. I will say, it wasn't the best kit.....some of the pieces didn't fit perfectly (I think they didn't bend the outer part of the bumper enough, if I recall), but I've been happy with mine.
Good to know. It’s hard to beat for the price and working in a body shop I have a few people to lean on to fix any issues too.

Reactions: ryno9562