2003 Atomic Orange Nissan Xterra 4X4 Overland Build (Codename : Tigger) Picture Heavy

• HTML tutorial

ryno9562

Rank VI

Influencer I

Cayce, SC, USA
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Heath
Member #

Did you do the grassroots4x4 beefed up center link?
Not yet. I put a moog in there to tie me over for the rest of the year. Saved the bad one to cover the core charge of the Grassroots though.

I thought about doing the grassroots center link But I heard that greasable tierod ends hit the frame. My xterra spends about 85% of it's time on the highway so I wanted to be able to lube the chassis as needed. Plus I don't do anything crazy off road.since I have all new components underneath it drives like a brand new vehicle.

Clan Campbell Overland

Rank III

Enthusiast I

Portland, Oregon, United States
First Name
Sean
Last Name
Campbell
Member #

Hi guys, nice drawer setup reaver! We have a 2012 Xterra we are working on.
I want do a well thought out drawer system, but for now I need to get our fridge and compressor installed even if temporary. We had a front runner 6 cub box drawer system in but it is a general fit and we had to keep the back seats down.
Our two boxers are bigger now and there wasn't enough room. I am currently rethinking the interior.
Our Anniversary is coming up in two weeks and I owe my wife some time from the city. We have a simple dual battery setup, no solar yet. I am hoping to in stall a redarc bcdc charger with fuse bus and possibly relays this week.( I am in over my head)!
Do you have any advice please? Apologies if I am going about this incorrectly, I am new to Overland Bound.

A8DD8071-4270-4E88-8AE0-58F8B8E1FCC2.jpegFBCA7B5A-B534-4082-864E-41C676E0AFEE.jpeg22034A7D-F1C6-4E9E-B0DF-89C1C5EF3FD8.jpeg

ryno9562

Rank VI

Influencer I

Cayce, SC, USA
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Heath
Member #

I want do a well thought out drawer system, but for now I need to get our fridge and compressor installed even if temporary. We had a front runner 6 cub box drawer system in but it is a general fit and we had to keep the back seats down.
Our two boxers are bigger now and there wasn't enough room. I am currently rethinking the interior.
Our Anniversary is coming up in two weeks and I owe my wife some time from the city. We have a simple dual battery setup, no solar yet. I am hoping to in stall a redarc bcdc charger with fuse bus and possibly relays this week.( I am in over my head)!
Do you have any advice please? Apologies if I am going about this incorrectly, I am new to Overland Bound.

View attachment 197180View attachment 197181View attachment 197182

Check out the diy and how to section of this forum. Also check out Overland Bound youtube channel. Michael (OB #0000) puts up some great content.

Reactions: Dusther210

REDARC_Ryan

Rank III

Advocate I

Puyallup, WA, USA
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Thurston

View attachment 197180View attachment 197181View attachment 197182

Hope you got it figured out! BCDC is a great little tool to keep you powered!

reaver

Rank VI

Explorer I

Caldwell, ID, USA
First Name
Brian
Last Name
McGahuey
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
GMRS WRMV941
I'm hoping to get an arb bull bar and 8,000lb winch in the spring
Are you planning on replacing the torsion bars with heavy duty ones? The stock bars aren't designed to handle that kind of weight. Just food for thought.

ryno9562

Rank VI

Influencer I

Cayce, SC, USA
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Heath
Member #

ryno9562

Rank VI

Influencer I

Cayce, SC, USA
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Heath
Member #

I may have missed it, but did you also do the front differential breather as well? I saw your rear dif breather pics
No the front diff and t-case all go up to the top of the bell housing so I didn't see it necessary. I don't see my self going that deep of water. This is my overland rig so I don't get too crazy with this thing. It spends more time on the interstate than anything. Maybe 1 to 2 weeks every few months of off-road travel. I like to think of it as my destination rig not a trail rig if that makes sense.

Dusther210

Rank VI

Influencer I

Oakland, Bergen County, New Jersey, United States
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Helms
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2UNH
I may have missed it, but did you also do the front differential breather as well? I saw your rear dif breather pics
No the front diff and t-case all go up to the top of the bell housing so I didn't see it necessary. I don't see my self going that deep of water. This is my overland rig so I don't get too crazy with this thing. It spends more time on the interstate than anything. Maybe 1 to 2 weeks every few months of off-road travel. I like to think of it as my destination rig not a trail rig if that makes sense.
I get it. After putting M/Ts on I really started to notice how much of our trips are highway lol. On the last trip the only dirt was the camp site (looks like the trip to Lake Placid will be the same). It wasn’t too hard to add a breather to the front dif, but I was too lazy to do the tcase.

ryno9562

Rank VI

Influencer I

Cayce, SC, USA
First Name
Ryan
Last Name
Heath
Member #

I get it. After putting M/Ts on I really started to notice how much of our trips are highway lol. On the last trip the only dirt was the camp site (looks like the trip to Lake Placid will be the same). It wasn’t too hard to add a breather to the front dif, but I was too lazy to do the tcase.
Well I look at it like this. If I'm going somewhere that requires that deep of a water crossing then I should probably be in a boat. LOL

Dusther210

Rank VI

Influencer I

Oakland, Bergen County, New Jersey, United States
First Name
Dustin
Last Name
Helms
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KD2UNH
Well I look at it like this. If I'm going somewhere that requires that deep of a water crossing then I should probably be in a boat. LOL
Lol
I’ve made the mistake of saying “it doesn’t look too deep” enough times (…and replaced an engine) to give myself some extra margin of security. This winter both of my rigs will get the tcase breather added. I’ve accidentally turned the frontier into a boat on too many occasions lol

• Haha
Reactions: reaver