Launch Member

Enthusiast III

MT/ CA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Gallo
Member #

I found this Gem, a 2 owner 118k double cab with the factory locker in great shape.
Honestly I thought it would take months to find a clean one for a decent price. The guy was moving and needed to sell fast.

With all the big truck craze (which I fell victim too), It feels nice to be back in a rig of this size. The best thing, I can reach into my bed with ease. ha ha.

Shout out to @cruiseroutfitters for all the help.

The build will be clean and simple.
Suspension: OME Nitrocharger sport, 882 coil , full dakar rear leafs, SPC UCA
Bumper: Classic ARB
WInch : 8000 warn
Tires: Skinny

I am about 2-3 weeks out for the parts. Will post up some photos once I get to the parts and the work .

As The truck sits now:
Screen Shot 2019-08-16 at 3.11.41 PM.png

Kwikvette

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Central CA
First Name
Nelson
Last Name
Montero
Im looking to throw a pair of skinnies on my new Tacoma. While I know the 265/75/16's are the trend there are some serious advantages to the 235's
I love mine because they're E-rated, and I've aired down to 10psi while on sand.

Skinny tires are also lighter, so less rotating mass overall.

Just like on-road, skinnier tires don't get "sucked in" to ruts and the sort. 2 of my Corvettes have really wide tires in the back and although they look cool (and provide awesome traction), my car tends to pull towards the direction of any deformities in the road.

I don't rock crawl, where wider tires can help to provide a larger contact surface (especially aired down), so in the end skinny tires just made sense for me.

Jgallo1

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

MT/ CA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Gallo
Member #

I also love 235/55 on the stock trucks and I love 255/85 with a lift.

My last truck came with the new Dick Cepek trail country exp. (Dick Cepek is made by cooper). I really liked them.

I was looking into them for this build and it turns out that there 265/75 actually measures 32" x 10.1 wide. So its like a 32 skinny, which you can usually only get with 17" wheels

I am going to run them on the taco.

Jgallo1

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

MT/ CA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Gallo
Member #

Alittle update, It will be a few weeks before all the fun stuff gets here.

I added a kenwood headunit.

I took of all the plastic rain guards and ugly steps.

Then went on alittle weekend trip.

Attachments

Reactions: JCWages

Jgallo1

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

MT/ CA
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Gallo
Member #

I added the Bumper and full OME kit. The truck handles and look great. Here are a few from a recent trip to Southern CO and Northern NM. Thanks to a few of of the overland bound members who gave some trail info.

Attachments

Reactions: JCWages

Kwikvette

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Central CA
First Name
Nelson
Last Name
Montero
Badass.

Wait until you'll want even more suspension travel; plenty of rear shock relocation ideas are available for our truck.

Reactions: Jgallo1