Launch Member

Influencer II

Redding CA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Johnson
Member #

Okay everyone, we will be meeting at the Shasta / Trinity National Forest Head Quarters at 3644 Avetech Parkway, Redding Ca @ 10:00 am to pick up our Christmas Tree permits. They can be contacted at 530 - 226-2500 if you have any questions. We will then be traveling onto the mountain city of Weaver where we will traveling on some National Forest fire roads in search of the perfect tree. Depending on weather and snow conditions, the fire roads should be easy. For those interested in making it a longer week end, Cindy and I will be staying at the Red Hill Motel in Weaverville ( https://www.facebook.com/redhillmotel/?rf=883282135112385 ) Its a very affordable cabin type motel right in the middle of town. Look forward to seeing you there.

View Rally Point
Last edited:

Cottonwoody

US West Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Influencer II

Redding CA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Johnson
Member #

This is very much a trip in flux. We have a lot of options for this one and I would like to open this up for discussion and suggestions. Here is a very affordable lodge in Weaverville for those who might want to stay the night.

https://www.google.com/search?q=red+hill+motel+weaverville&oq=red+hill+motel+weaverville&aqs=chrome..69i57j0.1028j0j8&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Cottonwoody

Launch Member

Influencer II

Redding CA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Johnson
Member #

Okay everyone, we will be meeting at the Shasta / Trinity National Forest Head Quarters at 3644 Avetech Parkway, Redding Ca @ 10:00 am to pick up our Christmas Tree permits. They can be contacted at 530 - 226-2500 if you have any questions. We will then be traveling onto the mountain city of Weaver where we will traveling on some National Forest fire roads in search of the perfect tree. Depending on weather and snow conditions, the fire roads should be easy. For those interested in making it a longer week end, Cindy and I will be staying at the Red Hill Motel in Weaverville ( https://www.facebook.com/redhillmotel/?rf=883282135112385 ) Its a very affordable cabin type motel right in the middle of town. Look forward to seeing you there.

Cottonwoody

Launch Member

Influencer II

Redding CA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Johnson
Member #

Spoke with the owner of the motel and they have 13 cabins available, they run about $65 for the night.

miguel_fzj80

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Oakland, CA
First Name
Miguel
Last Name
Arevalo
Member #

sounds like great Christmas family fun......i'll look into it, would like to participate but not ready with tree permit.....have fun and post pic. of your tree when you find it.

Cottonwoody

Launch Member

Influencer II

Redding CA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Johnson
Member #

sounds like great Christmas family fun......i'll look into it, would like to participate but not ready with tree permit.....have fun and post pic. of your tree when you find it.
Will do!! Just an FYI, we are meeting at the National Forrest administrative office that sells the permits, just to make it a little easier.