2 Jeeps - 1 in CA/1 in TX Where can we meet?

• HTML tutorial

naysjp

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Renay
Last Name
Johnson
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6DHG
My cousin and her husband have a Jeep and we talked and I told her lets meet in the middle of CA and TX in 2019. Hubby is a pilot for law enforcement and she is a teacher so we are working around their schedules. I wanted to give out some possibilities but a) I've never planned a trip and b) I am trying to find a place where we can meet in the middle and find some places to take the Jeeps offload/camp or near accommodations. Any help is appreciated. I've never wheeled outside of CA other than a 3 day Baja Trip.

naysjp

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Renay
Last Name
Johnson
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6DHG
I thought about New Mexico. Never been there and I've only been as far as Yuma as for visiting AZ. Anything in NM as far as wheeling? both Jeeps are lifted and I have a year to regear and upgrade the front axle.

vegasjeepguy

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Gravette, AR, USA
Member #

I thought about New Mexico. Never been there and I've only been as far as Yuma as for visiting AZ. Anything in NM as far as wheeling? both Jeeps are lifted and I have a year to regear and upgrade the front axle.
Lots of federal land and national forest to explore. You almost can’t help but to run into places to explore.

naysjp

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Renay
Last Name
Johnson
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6DHG
Moab. If any of you haven't been, then it should be the only place on your list.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using OB Talk mobile app
That's what I was thinking. Neither one of us have been to Moab and I know their are trails for everyone. I was thinking more leisurely cause I just got the jeep lifted and now figuring out how I am going to pay for regear or new front axle house and gears. Looks good but it is a slug somewhat. lol

Enthusiast I

Brentwood, CA
Member #

That's what I was thinking. Neither one of us have been to Moab and I know their are trails for everyone. I was thinking more leisurely cause I just got the jeep lifted and now figuring out how I am going to pay for regear or new front axle house and gears. Looks good but it is a slug somewhat. lol
I've wheeled the hell out of Moab with a D30 front and 3.73 gears and 35s on a 3014 JKU.

naysjp

Rank III

Enthusiast III

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Renay
Last Name
Johnson
Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6DHG
And I have a limited slip rear. A not difficult, must-do trail is Chicken Corners. That and Schaffer Trail will give you some great scenery without having to go to far away from yown.

I had a limited slip as well as 3:73 in my 2dr. It's no locker but I got away with a lot of stuff.