OVR1998TAHOE

Rank 0

Contributor I

Seabrook, TX
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Frank
I like it , sprayed of pretty nice and even. I did it at 80psi. Thats a little higher then they say but its not as bulky texture which I was going for and about 18 in away. The prep took a bit but I did alot of prep like replaced hinges and door rollers so doors came all the way off.

Reactions: Sparksalot

Vadim

Rank IV
Launch Member

Contributor III

Sacramento, CA
Member #

Great job on the bed liner spray. I did my 98 k2500 this year as well and I love how it turned out for the price. Did you do all the door jams in raptor liner as well? I'm debating because its so much prep for that all by itself.

OVR1998TAHOE

Rank 0

Contributor I

Seabrook, TX
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Frank
Great job on the bed liner spray. I did my 98 k2500 this year as well and I love how it turned out for the price. Did you do all the door jams in raptor liner as well? I'm debating because its so much prep for that all by itself.
Yes I do and I love it went on very even. Getting hidden winch and rock sliders put on this coming week... Also does anyone know of a texas group or Houston group or club to join?

Vadim

Rank IV
Launch Member

Contributor III

Sacramento, CA
Member #

Great job on the hidden winch. Did you buy the bracket to mount it or make one? I’m really interested cause I want a winch also.

OVR1998TAHOE

Rank 0

Contributor I

Seabrook, TX
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Frank
Great job on the hidden winch. Did you buy the bracket to mount it or make one? I’m really interested cause I want a winch also.
Thank you all , and yes I bought a universal winch mount but you will have to modify it depending if you have an auxiliary trans cooler from factory like mine cause the lines run under the condenser. I actually had to cut the plate it and drop it in between frame rails and used the sides that I cut off and had them welded in for support. If you dont have the auxiliary trans cooler you should be able to mount it on top of frame rails. If you do that then your hole for the winch cable will be about the middle of your bumper. Let me know if I can help anymore. Also I did get the 12,000 lb smity built winch with WIRELESS remote the xr20 serious I believe so it's also waterproof.

Contributor III

Mississippi, USA
First Name
Garret
Last Name
Coker
Ham/GMRS Callsign
K5GNC
Service Branch
U.S. Air Force
Do you have any pics on how you mounted the winch behind the bumper? i am wanting to do something similar with my 99 as i dont like the look of the aftermarket winch bumpers and i have a nice solid chrome bumper with no trim holes. Love the look with the green raptor liner

mface7

Rank V

Influencer II

Syracuse, Utah, USA
First Name
Michael
Last Name
Facer
Member #

Looking at a 1997 k2500 burb right now for my first time build so might steal some of your ideas...really wanting to do raptor liner too. Looks great!

Shakes355

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Bellingham, WA, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
Adams
Member #

As far as recommendations go, the best upgrade I made to my GM was replacing the factory Gov-loc (G80) in the rear 10 bolt.