1995 FZJ80 Land Cruiser

• HTML tutorial

Overland-Indiana

Overland Bound - Midwest Regional Ambassador
Launch Member

Influencer II

Kokomo
Member #

Be careful, they are a sickness. Though at least right now, the parts are pretty much available. If it isn't available from Toyota USA, there are several folks bringing in parts at reasonable cost from the countries where they were available for a few years longer than here. Seems that its mostly cosmetic stuff that's unavailable, hard parts are still easy to get.

I was looking at buying a new 4Runner next spring but I just can't spend $40k on a new rig I am gonna take off road and camping. That first trail rash, dent or scratch would break my heart lol So i decided I am looking at 3rd Gen 4Runners and 80 series LC. Prefer the LC though. I currently have a Jeep XJ and love it but I just feel like trying something new next time around.

Reactions: RiverCityDave

RiverCityDave

Rank V
Founder 500
Launch Member

Advocate II

Austin, Texas
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Hunter
Member #

Service Branch
Army
I was looking at buying a new 4Runner next spring but I just can't spend $40k on a new rig I am gonna take off road and camping. That first trail rash, dent or scratch would break my heart lol So i decided I am looking at 3rd Gen 4Runners and 80 series LC. Prefer the LC though. I currently have a Jeep XJ and love it but I just feel like trying something new next time around.
That is 100% why I'm keeping my cruiser, and funneling roughly what that monthly payment would be into its modification and maintenance. Next year my daughter starts driving, and I'd rather she has a nice reliable car, than I have a new 4Runner I'm afraid to drive the way I like.