David and Dayna
Last Name
Coston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5NXU GMRS:WROE726
Service Branch
USMC
I have decided to sell the Land Cruiser. I welcome any input about price, description, or whatever else. This truck is really nice but I don't have the time or money to use it as it could be. I know someone out there will provide it a good home and finish building it up. Not sure about the whole shipping thing. I haven't shipped a vehicle before so I'm not sure what all is involved. This Land Cruiser is in very nice condition for it's age. The interior is nice as well. No rust at all. It currently has 209k miles.

Mods include:
Recently installed Dobinson's 3" suspension lift. (This included new springs, shocks, steering stabilizer, and other necessary parts.)
Recently installed Slee Shortbus bumper
FJ Cruiser 17" wheels with custom paint job. (Spray painted)
Nearly new 33" Goodyear Duratrac tires from my previously-owned FJ. Lots of tread left and never taken off road.
Dobinson's Snorkel
Shaky mirrors have been fixed.
I installed a DVD player/radio with Bluetooth connection for your phone. I also added Kicker speakers to replace the factory ones. There is also a small Pioneer sub in the back.
I have repainted and blacked out various parts that needed it like the back bumper and tow receiver.

It runs great. I drive it around the lake where I live but we always drive my new Tacoma when we go off road.
All the power windows roll up and down.
Sunroof works as it should.
The 4WD and locking center diff work as they should.
It runs great down the highway or around the lake where I live. It's actually a lot of fun to drive.

Why I'm selling it:
I have a 2017 Tacoma TRD Offroad and a camping/overland trailer that we always drive when we travel or go offroading. Priorities are changing as well and I would like to pay off my credit card and by buy a full size truck. Like I said previously, I mainly only drive this thing to keep the battery charged and the fluids moved around. Please feel free to ask any questions. I don't have pictures of the back because I have a bunch of stuff back there but it is in very good shape as well. Comes with original jack, manual, misc ppwk.

20180616_090605.jpg20180616_090620.jpg20180616_090726.jpg20180616_090630.jpg20180616_090657.jpg20180616_091230.jpg20180616_091042.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Sidetrekked Overland

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Possum Kingdom Lake, Texas
First Name
David and Dayna
Last Name
Coston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Service Branch
USMC
No responses at all? I would welcome any feedback even if you aren't interested in buying. This is a great community with very knowledgeable folks which is why I posted here first.

SubeeBen

Rank V

Advocate I

Alpine, CA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Jacques
Member #

I originally wanted to buy a land cruiser but my credit is bigger than my savings account. With that I mind I bought a 17 jku. If I had the cash & didn’t have to deal with a $700 payment I would buy your rig in a heartbeat. Nice looking very clean. Good luck with you sale & look at overland gear exchange.com for free advertisement. Just my 2 cents.

G.C. Gordon

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Odessa, Texas, USA
First Name
Gary
Last Name
Gordon
Member #

I bought my ‘95 off of Craigslist in Dallas a year and a half ago. Paid nearly that much for it, and was in worse condition. You should be able to get your price or something close if you’re looking for a quick sell. Nice looking truck. Good luck.

OB #4388
95 fzj 80 Land Cruiser

Ntgm37

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Wyoming
Member #

If I didn't have my 94, I'd be making a trip to you! Good luck with the sale!

Bouncer

Rank IV

Advocate II

Wagoner County, Oklahoma
First Name
Buddy
Last Name
NLN
Service Branch
Resigned EMT-B
This is what I'm looking for, alas no cash for me. Very decent deal for what you have, However the barterer in me would hit you with a sob story excuse of why your valve cover gasket is an issue and could cost me an arm and a leg once I get into it for unforeseen issues, Then come in at 6,000 just to see if your flexible on price. I do that with everything I buy, sometimes I get lucky and sometimes I look like a cheapskate in the Wal-Mart clearance isle waiting for a manager to ask for an extra 10% off.

Sidetrekked Overland

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

First Name
David and Dayna
Last Name
Coston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Service Branch
USMC
That's why I put it on craigslist for $10000. I figured people would try to low ball me. Lol. Anyways, thanks for looking.

Unbeatentrack

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Cumberland, Rhode Island
Member #

Sadly not for me, but posting a reply to keep this at the top of the feed. It looks like an awesome platform and a great deal for somebody. There's a reason you see these everywhere you go in remote parts of the world!

GLWS Tota!

Sidetrekked Overland

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

First Name
David and Dayna
Last Name
Coston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Service Branch
USMC
Make an offer of you're interested. I need a full sized truck to pull my tractor so I'm forced to sell this. My poor Tacoma is not up to the task.

adventure_is_necessary

Rocky Mountain Region Local Expert Kansas

Traveler III

Bonner Springs, Kansas, United States
First Name
Lucas
Last Name
Antes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE0ZXA
Make an offer of you're interested. I need a full sized truck to pull my tractor so I'm forced to sell this. My poor Tacoma is not up to the task.
I'd say my M715 would suffice for towing a tractor, but this thing is a barebones, old truck/tractor like setup. It's slow. Maybe 50-55mph is top speed before it gets sketchy. Supposedly it'll top out at 60. If only...good luck!

DanW

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Danville, Indiana
Member #

How many miles are on it? Does it have locking front or rear differentials? That's a really nice looking rig!

Sidetrekked Overland

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

First Name
David and Dayna
Last Name
Coston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Service Branch
USMC
How many miles are on it? Does it have locking front or rear differentials? That's a really nice looking rig!
Thank you. It really is a nice rig . i don't want to sell it but that money could be put to better use in other places. It has 209k miles. It has the center locker but not the front and rear. They weren't available on the 91 and 92 models. That's what ARB lockers are for. Lol

DanW

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Danville, Indiana
Member #

Thank you. It really is a nice rig . i don't want to sell it but that money could be put to better use in other places. It has 209k miles. It has the center locker but not the front and rear. They weren't available on the 91 and 92 models. That's what ARB lockers are for. Lol
Looks like a great rig! If I lived closer, I'd give it a serious look. I'm up to my ears in vehicles, but for that price, I'd make that a heck of a fun daily driver!

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, NV, USA
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV

Ok I got to ask, what is a center locker? Never heard of this......

Jim

Sidetrekked Overland

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

First Name
David and Dayna
Last Name
Coston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
Service Branch
USMC
It "locks" the front and rear axle together so they spin evenly vs being independent of each other. When you put it in 4 low it locks it automatically. The 91 and 92 have a switch to lock or unlock it the 93-97 do not. Others might be able to expand on that but that's my basic understanding of it. With it unlocked it won't bind up if you're doing normal driving or making tight turns.

Unbeatentrack

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Cumberland, Rhode Island
Member #

It "locks" the front and rear axle together so they spin evenly vs being independent of each other. When you put it in 4 low it locks it automatically. The 91 and 92 have a switch to lock or unlock it the 93-97 do not. Others might be able to expand on that but that's my basic understanding of it. With it unlocked it won't bind up if you're doing normal driving or making tight turns.
You got it Tota. Centre lockers ensure you maintain drive to one axle, even if you lose traction on the other. Without it, if just one wheel spins you're stuck until you can get traction to that wheel. With the centre locker , you can have 2 wheels spinning (1 on each axle) before you're stuck.

Then add in another locker on either axle and you'll need 3 wheels spinning before you're stuck.