Michael
Last Name
Rose
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7FSB
Service Branch
US ARMY Retired
I would say in your neck of the woods no..... southern california pretty rare. But as far as the roof rack systems. Is there another factory roof rack system other than the rickety aluminum one that you know of?
You need the rails from a 1993+ they fit, but the cross bars won’t, that’s why you snag them up and sell them... and yes the chrome looking rails used on the pre 93 are very rickety, and not what I was talking about.

oldmopars

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Selah Wa
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Solomon
Member #

Well, it has been a while since I updated this or really did much to the truck. However I have been doing some travel recently for work and it required me to drive, not fly due to Covid-19. This meant I got paid for mileage and per-deim. The first 2 trips went great, but on the 3rd I blew up the little Subaru I was using. I left it near Turlock CA. and rented a Denali for the rest of the trip.
Now, with my Subaru gone I need to focus on the Suburban. So, I just dropped $1000 on it today.
I ordered a 13,000lb winch, recovery gear, recovery boards, new rear door seals, new upgraded head lights and some other bits.
When I get home this weekend I hope much of it has arrived and I can get to work.
In the last month I have added a water system. As you can see in the picture I have a 6 gallon jug for water. Mounted to the side between the jug and the door is the small 12V pump. The hose is coiled up and is about 6 foot long. There is a switch recessed into the pillar above the pump to power it. It really works great and saves from having to pour from the 6 gallon jug. Total cost was under $30. Maybe not as fancy as others have done, but way cheaper.
I also added a cutting board to the bottom of the drop down table and a paper towel holder. I have storage behind the table for dishes. I got a set of the blue enamel type and will be building a means of storage so they don't rattle or get damaged.

Attachments