• HTML tutorial

Davidt443

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Hammond, LA
Member #

Alright guys,

Recently I have purchased a 1979 Jeep Cherokee with the AMC 360 and Th-400 with quadra-trac. I will be mostly posting the videos I make documenting the build. There will be pictures posted as well.

If you like the videos, please subscribe to my youtube channel!

Here are the first pictures I took of "Brown Sugar"

This is her ride home! Being towed by my 2014 Grand Cherokee with the 5.7l hemi and also quadra-trac :drivin:

First pictures before starting any work on her.

The first thing I did to her was to start cleaning her as I will be focusing on the engine and front axle to start my work. Here is the first episode.

After I cleaned her bottom side, the next project I had to get done was to buff the original paint. She shined up nice!

Being amazed at how well she started to clean up I couldn't stop with the paint. I polished her wheels up!

The next big project for her was to replace her carb, fuel pump, and fuel filter. I found a carb on amazon for $113. Yes I know what you are thinking,, Throw a holley in there!. Yes, I eventually will do that. I just want to get her running and driving well before i start dumping a lot of money into her.

After the carb was installed and working great, I had my wife Catherine help install a new Steering stabilizer. The old one was shot!

I hope you guys will follow along the journey of this mystical beast of a machine. I will try and upload a new video every week.

Next on the list is to fix some very bad leaky manifolds. Clean the carpet. And fix the floor pans!

Stay tuned!

k9sar

Local Expert, Georgia USA

Enthusiast III

Rydal, GA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK4EKF
Love the ancient iron, she looks classy just sitting there. I'm looking forward to watching her come back to glory.

Reactions: Davidt443

WellFuch

Rank III

Influencer II

Alright guys,

Recently I have purchased a 1979 Jeep Cherokee with the AMC 360 and Th-400 with quadra-trac. I will be mostly posting the videos I make documenting the build. There will be pictures posted as well.

If you like the videos, please subscribe to my youtube channel!

Here are the first pictures I took of "Brown Sugar"

This is her ride home! Being towed by my 2014 Grand Cherokee with the 5.7l hemi and also quadra-trac :drivin:

First pictures before starting any work on her.

The first thing I did to her was to start cleaning her as I will be focusing on the engine and front axle to start my work. Here is the first episode.

After I cleaned her bottom side, the next project I had to get done was to buff the original paint. She shined up nice!

Being amazed at how well she started to clean up I couldn't stop with the paint. I polished her wheels up!

The next big project for her was to replace her carb, fuel pump, and fuel filter. I found a carb on amazon for $113. Yes I know what you are thinking,, Throw a holley in there!. Yes, I eventually will do that. I just want to get her running and driving well before i start dumping a lot of money into her.

After the carb was installed and working great, I had my wife Catherine help install a new Steering stabilizer. The old one was shot!

I hope you guys will follow along the journey of this mystical beast of a machine. I will try and upload a new video every week.

Next on the list is to fix some very bad leaky manifolds. Clean the carpet. And fix the floor pans!

Stay tuned!
You didn't happen to purchase this in Chicago, did you?

Sent from my HTC6535LVW using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: T-88

GHCOE

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

SW Idaho
Episode 7 is live. I converted my headlights to round bulbs and added 45 watt spot lights!
Hey, Just was watching the video. Not sure if you were aware there is a guy on the FSJForum that is selling fiberglass Rhino's.
Prices are as follows: Grille $160, Grille with emblem $175. full kit-grille/emblem/pie pans $210. Shipping generally runs in the $30-$50 range.
http://www.fsjnetwork.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=3092

Davidt443

Rank V
Launch Member

Pathfinder I

Hammond, LA
Member #

Hey, Just was watching the video. Not sure if you were aware there is a guy on the FSJForum that is selling fiberglass Rhino's.
Prices are as follows: Grille $160, Grille with emblem $175. full kit-grille/emblem/pie pans $210. Shipping generally runs in the $30-$50 range.
http://www.fsjnetwork.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=3092

Thanks!. That's more than I am wanting to spend. I'm thinking what I will do now is weld up a grill out of steel. I really would like to do some welding!

GHCOE

Rank IV

Pathfinder I

SW Idaho
You will probably remember me now that you see the Cherokee.

Yes, I am running the Rough Country 3" lift http://amzn.to/2nN6Vli . I was a bit scared of the Rough Country lifts since I heard nothing but how rough they rode. The price was right so I decided to take a chance. I am pleasantly surprised at how well this kit rides. I really can tell very little difference from stock. If you don't have wag sag I would recommend the kit for you. With the lift I also needed a drop pitman arm and I replace the front shackles with Jeep XJ rears. Nice thing about this kit is you don't have to fool around with the spring bolts in the back. The one next to the tank requires removal of the gas tank to get the bolt out. Also, you don't have to have longer brake lines with this kit.

My tires are BF Goodrich KO2's in 33x10.5x15 size on Pro Comp 69 8" wheels http://amzn.to/2APWSko . I have a Wide Trac so I do have a lot more room for tires than a Narrow Trac though. You might get away with 31's on the Narrow Trac as long as you keep the tires narrow.

20170506_103434.jpg

20170506_103559.jpg

Reactions: Jimmy P