St. Helens OR
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Ellett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7LSX
Hello fellow OB members! We're having another gathering on October 20th, this one will be a potluck at Prescott Beach in Rainier Oregon off Highway 30 and right on the Columbia River.

My wife and I will be cooking those big tasty Kirkland franks from Costco, and we will supply the basic condiments for them. Please bring drinks, sides, snacks, desserts! There is a large covered picnic area we can use if need be, as well as restrooms and portapoties. But the coordinates provided are for a decently sized parking area right on the beach that I really hope we can use. Bring your family, kids, camp chairs, tables, awnings, etc!

The purpose of the gathering is to talk as a group about getting more regular events going, what training we would like to have in the future, camping and trail run ideas, as well as making a list of trails you know about that need clean up. I'm hoping we can all gather at least every month.

There is a $5 day use fee for this area, please bring exact change!! Pets are allowed on leash and we need to stay on established roads and parking areas. See you guys soon!

View Rally Point
Last edited:
Reactions: JourneyMan

TAF_Taco

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor II

Lacey, Wa.
Member #

Thanks for the invite. I'm currently deployed, but I'll pass the info on to my wife in case she wants to come out

Devil Dog 77

Rank III
Launch Member

Member I

Ridgefield, WA, USA
First Name
James
Last Name
Deuvall
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KE7IGC
New here. Thinking seriously about coming. This would be my first event. I'm debating if I'm bringing my 11yr old daughter. Is anybody else bringing kids? Would hate to drag her along if there be no other kids for her to hang out with.

Reactions: Spud

Spud

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

St. Helens OR
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Ellett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7LSX
Kids are very welcome to come! As for who's bringing kids I'm not sure.

Luinil Explorations

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Wherever I am at the moment
First Name
Larrie is
Last Name
sharing our travels with the world.
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KG7WDX
Am not going to make it to this event. Had a mild heart attack on Monday. Am feeling fine and all is well. Just low energy. Great team at Providence in Portland. Let me know if you plan any trips.

Reactions: Caffienated

Spud

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

St. Helens OR
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Ellett
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W7LSX
Am not going to make it to this event. Had a mild heart attack on Monday. Am feeling fine and all is well. Just low energy. Great team at Providence in Portland. Let me know if you plan any trips.
Wowza, glad you're ok!

Justinwrites

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate I

Olympia, WA
Member #

Heart stuff can really take it out of you. Be safe.

Getting ready for a grocery store run before we go. Last second needs? I'm bringing baked beans (nothing fancy, sorry) and some sodas.