Launch Member

Advocate III

San Carlos, CA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Morris
Member #

Because its always fun to see a line of awesome rigs rolling down the highway....
This is a Caravan Invitation for anyone going to the OLB Rally West trip to Shaver Lake Oct 5-7 2018.

We will be leaving Friday mid morning from South San Jose.
Route will be: 101 south from South San Jose to Gilroy. From Gilroy 152 East to 99 South. 145 East to Shaver Lake via numerous smaller routes.
We will have 2 Rally points so folks can join the group based on convenience.
We will use CB channel 16 for caravan comms.

1st Waypoint: Friday Oct 5
10:00AM : Mandarin Gourmet Restaurant in South San Jose where 87 meets 85.
Leave 10:15AM

2nd Waypoint: Friday Oct 5
10:45AM - Gilroy Starbucks just off 152 East (6865 Camino Arroyo, Gilroy, CA 95020)
Leave 11:00AM

3rd Waypoint: Friday Oct 5
12:00PM- Los Banos Starbucks (1380 W Pacheco Blvd A, Los Banos, CA 93635)
Leave 12:15PM

Expect to arrive at Shaver Lake around 3:00 PM

The Overland Bound Rally West 2018 will be held October 5th - 7th in Shaver Lake, CA. This event is situated in the Sierra National Forest with the event HQ and overnight camping areas at Camp Edison.
The weekend includes: Camp site at Camp Edison event area, full dinner both Friday and Saturday, box lunch on Saturday, a variety of trail runs throughout the Sierra National Forest/Bald Mountain OHV all day Saturday, and event swag bag.

Registration is at: https://overlandbound.regfox.com/rally-west-2018

View Rally Point
Last edited:
Reactions: OnlyTaco

CountryRunner

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Northwest, Boise, Idaho 83714, United States
First Name
John
Last Name
Petrocelli
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6WCQ
I’m up in the East Bay Fremont area. I’ll be leaving fremont around 10:00 AM from my real Estate office at 37825 Niles Blvd. heading through Niles Canyon toward 680 to 580 then south on hyw5 to Los Banos. Maybe we could hookup in Los Banos somewhere?

stage7

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Travis County, Texas, United States
First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Mack
Member #

I had a ticket for that but the mrs. informed me that I had to attend a wedding of a relative of hers that I barely even know. Grrrrr
I was pretty bummed. Have a great time in the dirt while I’m dressed up in a monkey suit.

Rob M

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

San Carlos, CA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Morris
Member #

I’m up in the East Bay Fremont area. I’ll be leaving fremont around 10:00 AM from my real Estate office at 37825 Niles Blvd. heading through Niles Canyon toward 680 to 580 then south on hyw5 to Los Banos. Maybe we could hookup in Los Banos somewhere?
Sounds great. Let’s do that.

rulas1010

Rank 0

Traveler I

Are there specific mods that I need to hit these trails? I have a 2018 Silverado riding on a 6inch Lift on 35’s and am wondering if it’ll cut it in the trails

TacticalBBQ

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fremont CA
Member #

Are there specific mods that I need to hit these trails? I have a 2018 Silverado riding on a 6inch Lift on 35’s and am wondering if it’ll cut it in the trails
The trail has two ways to the top. I have seen stock silverado's at the top. You should be fine.

Reactions: rulas1010

TacticalBBQ

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Fremont CA
Member #

I will rolling out of Fremont sometime Friday morning. I live in Niles so I will be running through the canyon.

Rob M

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

San Carlos, CA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Morris
Member #

Besides the rally coming up in a couple of weeks is there another rally planned for the near future?
@rulas1010- i am not aware of another rally, but if you referring to a regular meet up for those of us in the SF Bay area count me in. I don't think anything like that is scheduled.
Rob

Rob M

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

San Carlos, CA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Morris
Member #

I will rolling out of Fremont sometime Friday morning. I live in Niles so I will be running through the canyon.
@TacticalBBQ- Howdy. i may be adding another rally point in Los Banos to hook up with others coming down 5 South. Let me know if you are interested in that plan.

CountryRunner

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
John
Last Name
Petrocelli
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6WCQ
@TacticalBBQ- Howdy. i may be adding another rally point in Los Banos to hook up with others coming down 5 South. Let me know if you are interested in that plan.
TaticalBBQ did you see my post leaving Fremont at 10:00 AM from Niles Blvd?
https://www.overlandbound.com/event/east-bay-tri-cities-caravan-to-shaver-lake-bald-mountain-overland-bound-rally-west-2018-oct-5-7/?login=504235357977
There is the link

Rob M was leaving from San Jose and i was going to head through the canyon so i started a caravan from fremont. The waypoint is my Real Estate office 37825 Niles Blvd. It would be great to hook up. I’m trying to hook up with Rob M in Los Banos and all of us could head to Saaver Lake together.

CountryRunner

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
John
Last Name
Petrocelli
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6WCQ
Hello Rob, John P here. So it looks like we’re both leaving at 10:00 from Fremont and you in San Jose. I think we could arrive at the Los Banos Starbucks at the same time if your group drove from your starting point to Los Banos. Looking at your post it looks like your making a 30 minute stop in Gilroy correct? If so we will arrive at Los Banos ahead of you and wait for your caravan’s arrival to continue up to Shaver Lake. Or you could not stop in Gilroy and arrive about the same time in Los Banos. Here is the link to my caravan post if you haven’t see it already. This is going to be a great weekend.

https://www.overlandbound.com/event/east-bay-tri-cities-caravan-to-shaver-lake-bald-mountain-overland-bound-rally-west-2018-oct-5-7/?login=504235357977

Rob M

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

San Carlos, CA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Morris
Member #

Hello Rob, John P here. So it looks like we’re both leaving at 10:00 from Fremont and you in San Jose. I think we could arrive at the Los Banos Starbucks at the same time if your group drove from your starting point to Los Banos. Looking at your post it looks like your making a 30 minute stop in Gilroy correct? If so we will arrive at Los Banos ahead of you and wait for your caravan’s arrival to continue up to Shaver Lake. Or you could not stop in Gilroy and arrive about the same time in Los Banos. Here is the link to my caravan post if you haven’t see it already. This is going to be a great weekend.

Hi John.
Sounds good. Let’s target meeting at Los Banos Starbucks as recommended. I will let you know as we get closer if we will be stopping at Gilroy or not so we can get a meet up time target. Looking forward to a great weekend!
Rob.

Rob M

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate III

San Carlos, CA
First Name
Rob
Last Name
Morris
Member #

@Birdman- see you in Gilroy as scheduled.
@CountryRunner- my group will stop at briefly at Gilroy and then head over to meet you in Los Banos. We will probably get there about the same time. I will add the Los Banos waypoint to my Rally today.
Rob

CountryRunner

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

First Name
John
Last Name
Petrocelli
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6WCQ
@Birdman- see you in Gilroy as scheduled.
@CountryRunner- my group will stop at briefly at Gilroy and then head over to meet you in Los Banos. We will probably get there about the same time. I will add the Los Banos waypoint to my Rally today.
Rob
Thanks Rob, don’t rush to meet up with us we will wait for you all regardless. Take your time in Gilroy have a safe ride. Talk next week for sure.