'19 Wrangler JL Rubicon 2 door - 2.2 CRD - from bone stock to... who knows? :-) | OVERLAND BOUND COMMUNITY

'19 Wrangler JL Rubicon 2 door - 2.2 CRD - from bone stock to... who knows? :-)

• Hi Guest, you may choose a LIGHT or DARK theme that works best for you with the "Style Chooser" button at the bottom left on this page!
  • HTML tutorial

Contributor I

Wadern, Deutschland
First Name
Tobias
Last Name
Ripperger
Hey vogts,

I am new to this community and also I am new to "overlanding" although I love nature and enjoy it.

My rig actually is a 2019 2 door Wrangler JL Rubicon - far more capable than I am.

I am planning my build at the moment and want to share it with you. Step by step.

First I added some mud flaps to my car - due to it's my hunting car and daily driver - and it helps a lot to keep the car a bit cleaner over the days.

Further I planned and build my drawer platform after I removed the back seats.

Actually I am planning how to build the drawers themselves.

In future, there will be a lot more for sure, but first things first -> make a plan what I really NEED. Cause the list of things I WANT is wayyyyyyy too long :-)

Bucket list as now written down:

- Finish cargo drawer
- Gobi Stealth rack
- Front bar & additional lights
- Recovery gear ( Recovery boards, double up the tow hooks in front and rear, towing rope )
- CB radio
- OZtent RV1 instead of RTT ( we will do some weekend trips over the year and 1 or 2 longer trips ) Ground tent is the better option for us, also much lighter ( important on our Wrangler 2 door )
- Tarp 3,5x4,5m instead of awning ( same reasons as above. It will take a bit longer to be tightend up, but for our use, the better way. Cheaper and lighter than a side awning. )
- Warn winch behind OEM bumper ( but do I really need this feature at all while overlanding on light trails light westalps? )?????????

Best regards,

Tobias

Attachments

Last edited:

Contributor I

Wadern, Deutschland
First Name
Tobias
Last Name
Ripperger
Gobi Stealth Rack ordered.
I keep you up to date when it arrived and when it is mounted.
You won't find much picture on a JL 2 door and you also find less infos about measurements etc..

Horntools tyre compressor ordered - will check if install it into a box on the roof rack or install it into the car.

CB Radio ordererd incl. Rhino Rack foldable mount.

Stay tuned and keep on riding

Tobias

Last edited:

Contributor I

Wadern, Deutschland
First Name
Tobias
Last Name
Ripperger
Some new gear arrived:

Gobi Stealth Rack with 2nd ladder and front insert.

Unfortunately I have to wait at least until 21th oft August that I can mount it.
The paint job wasn't done correctly and so it has to be repainted. This will be from 16th to 20th of August.

Greets,

Tobias

Attachments

Contributor I

Wadern, Deutschland
First Name
Tobias
Last Name
Ripperger
Actually I am doing some improvements on body painting. As known, Jeep doesn't really care about thematics that the door hinges will start to corrode due to missing lack at door panels.

I now startet to remove the old hinges as the new ones are painted. Rebuild the paint on door panels and put the new hinges on with a foil between door and hinge.

Attachments

Reactions: El-Dracho

El-Dracho

Mid Europe Member Rep Germany
Supporter

Pioneer I

Lampertheim, Germany
First Name
Bjoern
Last Name
Eldracher
Member #

Ham Callsign
DO3BE
Actually I am doing some improvements on body painting. As known, Jeep doesn't really care about thematics that the door hinges will start to corrode due to missing lack at door panels.

I now startet to remove the old hinges as the new ones are painted. Rebuild the paint on door panels and put the new hinges on with a foil between door and hinge.
Great work and definetly a good investment into the future of the rig.

Reactions: TangoRomeo7688