Barclay

Local Expert Southern CA
Launch Member

Influencer I

Los Angeles
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6BDO
Open invite to do the Miller Jeep Trail from Lockwood Valley up to Alamo Mountain. Great views from the top!

I've never done this trail, but from what I read online, minimum requirements indicate at least 33" tires with a small lift (2" or greater?), and at least one locker. Videos of most of the trail look easy, but a couple of hard spots with substantial rocks and some v-rutting, and a stream crossing.

View Rally Point
Last edited:
Reactions: Narbob

C&M4Runner

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Los Angeles
Member #

Won’t be able to make it. I have some suspension problems at the moment, waiting for new suspension to come in and install. Keep the invites coming tho!

Narbob

US West Region Director
Staff member
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
Let's All Trade Numbers.
I'll Be There For sure!

Name: Brian

Number: 626.639.7318
The initial meeting will be at the WLA meetup around 0930 to 1030ish. It would be great if you could make that, GPS coordinates are in the Rally Point. I'll be camping with @Barclay that night and there are some OB friends that will be meeting us in Frazier Park for a day run. My number is 310 994-4679.

Mateoblagana

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Santa Clarita, Ca.
First Name
Matt
Last Name
Nelson
Member #

I hope you guys have a great time on the trail! I look forward to getting the tires and lift on my truck to be able to make this run. I’ve gone for a drive up to Alamo from Hungry Valley a few times. Good camping up there. Nice and peaceful. Be sure to stop by the 4x4 park in Hungry Valley on your way out.

Narbob

US West Region Director
Staff member
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
It was much more intense from when I was last on the trail 15 years ago. As @Barclay previously mentioned, mild lift with 33” tires and at least one locker is the minimum. We had a FJ 60 with no lockers and that turned a 4 hour trip into almost an 10 hour trip (I think, I lost track of time). If you have the above, there shouldn’t be an problems with good spotters. Good luck!!!

Christopher McNamara

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Westchester, Los Angeles, CA, USA
First Name
Chris
Last Name
McNamara
Member #

It was much more intense from when I was last on the trail 15 years ago. As @Barclay previously mentioned, mild lift with 33” tires and at least one locker is the minimum. We had a FJ 60 with no lockers and that turned a 4 hour trip into almost an 10 hour trip (I think, I lost track of time). If you have the above, there shouldn’t be an problems with good spotters. Good luck!!!
Thanks for the info! Sometimes the websites read hard when it's not so great to hear first hand account

VCeXpedition

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Torrance, L.A., Cal., Earth
First Name
Dan
Last Name
Rich
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6DHR

Pictures man, Pictures!

Barclay

Local Expert Southern CA
Launch Member

Influencer I

Los Angeles
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6BDO
@Narbob forgot to mention that we had to haul a ~500lb boulder downhill to get a good enough line for the FJ to make it through ... so, yeah, sorry about that trail modification.

For the record we hit the trailhead around 12:30, and I did check the time before we turned in, and it was about 2am. Mike and Mimi told me they didn't make it home until 6:30am!

This is the spot the FJ got hung up on the first time; I don't think we have photos of the second spot as it was getting dark. If you can make it past those two spots, you should be fine. It's the last 1/4 mile that's the toughest.

IMG_4986.JPG IMG_4987.JPG IMG_4990.JPG

Narbob

US West Region Director
Staff member
Founder 500

Pathfinder II

Culver City California
First Name
Bob
Last Name
Brann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KJ6W0A
@Narbob forgot to mention that we had to haul a ~500lb boulder downhill to get a good enough line for the FJ to make it through ... so, yeah, sorry about that trail modification.

For the record we hit the trailhead around 12:30, and I did check the time before we turned in, and it was about 2am. Mike and Mimi told me they didn't make it home until 6:30am!

This is the spot the FJ got hung up on the first time; I don't think we have photos of the second spot as it was getting dark. If you can make it past those two spots, you should be fine. It's the last 1/4 mile that's the toughest.

View attachment 69189 View attachment 69190 View attachment 69191
@Barclay Im not sure if I forgot to mention those things or if my mind blocked it!!! BTW, 4 new KM2s are installed...