Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Wilmington, NC, USA
First Name
Seth
Last Name
Vernon
Member #

I'll be in attendance on Saturday, camping offsite to be able to do some fishing/hiking related activities Friday and Sunday. Driving up from Wilmington on Friday day. I'd like to meet up and say hello to those of you making the trip. Safe travels and see you all on Saturday at the Expo.

Reactions: Jose

Pirate75

Rank V
Launch Member

Builder I

Statesville, North Carolina
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Grimes
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4RWT
Planning on driving in early Saturday morning from Statesville,NC..there are free sites on the way to camp,but don’t know if I want to keep my gear open in a parking lot for just a day trip.

Wawa Skittletits

Local Expert East Region USA
Staff member
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran
I RSVP'd maybe, is there a certain date you need to know for sure?
Simply put I’d like to know before the event. I want to have a rig count when I’m there so that we know we have everyone before we leave.

Reactions: Hank Outdoors

Wawa Skittletits

Staff member
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran
I'll be in attendance on Saturday, camping offsite to be able to do some fishing/hiking related activities Friday and Sunday. Driving up from Wilmington on Friday day. I'd like to meet up and say hello to those of you making the trip. Safe travels and see you all on Saturday at the Expo.
Hey Seth. Our area of the campground should be pretty easy to locate. There will be a number of us with OB flags flying.

Jose

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Peoria, AZ
First Name
Jose
Last Name
Martinez
Member #

I’ll be there as well!! Won’t be to hard to miss as I ll probably be the only one with a not finished off-road trailer. But I still have hope it will be skinned up and ready to roll. Then after the expo I’ll paint it all up. Lol

Minuteman

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

North Carolina, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KK4NRA
I live an hour from the expo(Asheville) Ill be there Friday and Saturday. Will most likely bring fzj80 and camper trailer Saturday if any one is around, would be glad to meet some "localish" folks, learn and share some experiences. Lived in the WNC area most my life.

Reactions: Seth Vernon

BlueCord_Overland

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Wisconsin
Member #

Falcon 0314

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Delaware, OH, USA
Member #

I will be rolling in bright and early Friday morning and plan to be there all three days. I unfortunately did not reserve my spot soon enough. So, I will be staying off sight. I would really like to catch up with the group at the event. If I have read the information correctly, there are two campgrounds. Which one will be the primary gathering location?

Wawa Skittletits

Staff member
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran
I will be rolling in bright and early Friday morning and plan to be there all three days. I unfortunately did not reserve my spot soon enough. So, I will be staying off sight. I would really like to catch up with the group at the event. If I have read the information correctly, there are two campgrounds. Which one will be the primary gathering location?
I wish I could answer that for you but I’m guessing that’ll be determined when we get there. It’s looking like we’re going to have a pretty large group and I know there will be a lot of OB flags in the the air so we should be easy to spot.

Wawa Skittletits

Staff member
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran
If you’re planning on meeting up with us please RSVP as going on the Rally Point page so that I can have an accurate head/rig count. I want to make sure we have everyone before we leave Papas and it also helps when I talk to them so they know an approximate number of ‘overlanders’ to expect haha.

JasKolp

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Idaho, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Kolp
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4TLR
Hey I'll be at the Expo but as a volunteer! I'll keep an eye out for any badges I see on vehicles :)

Reactions: Wawa Skittletits

Dave H.

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Pittsgrove Township, NJ, USA
First Name
Dave
Last Name
Hitchner
Member #

Hey I'll be at the Expo but as a volunteer! I'll keep an eye out for any badges I see on vehicles :)
Hey, I’m new to this stuff. I was considering volunteering too, how is it as a volunteer? Are you working your butt off or is it pretty chill, I’m gonna be bringing my sons if I volunteer.

JasKolp

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Idaho, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Kolp
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KN4TLR
Hey, I’m new to this stuff. I was considering volunteering too, how is it as a volunteer? Are you working your butt off or is it pretty chill, I’m gonna be bringing my sons if I volunteer.
I have no idea, haha. It's my first time going and volunteering there. If you volunteer it's free to attend, and that was a major reason why I am volunteering for the expo.

Edit: For me, the volunteer coordinator is thinking about putting me on an evening program so I'll have time to attend classes during the day. Since its my first time being at the event and all I suppose. So I guess its leaning on the side of 'pretty chill', at least in my experience so far. Although I have no idea how many hours I'll be working each day. I should find out this week when the schedule comes out.

Last edited: