AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
I am headed to SW Utah for a week of on and off-road travel. Starting in Mexican Hat. Day 0 will be on 8/31. This allows folks from different places to arrive. We will have breakfast at 8am on Saturday and leave Mexican Hat no later than 10am to start the adventure. I know this is short notice and many folks can't get the time off but if you can great! I will be using this trip to plan for a future one next year.

This trip includes portions of the Utah BDR and possibly a section of the Great Western Trail. The only fixed date I have is to be in Capitol Reef on Monday through Wednesday. I have booked a single site at the campground inside of Capitol Reef. Dispersed camping is available nearby but I wanted a safe location to base camp for trail runs on Monday and Tuesday. As of 8/9 there are still a few spots available to reserve at $20 per night. I have site 52 in loop C reserved. There can be 2 vehicles but only 1 trailer.

The trip will start in Mexican Hat and end near Kanab, UT. We will drive through the Valley of the Gods, drive the Moki dugway, camp at or near the Natural Bridges national monument, visit the Capitol Reef area and then drive through the Escalante Grand Stair case area.

While I am happy to provide the route, trail ideas, points of interest and camping areas you are 100% responsibly for your personal safety and vehicle safety. Period! The GPX file has a rough draft of the "loop" and possible side trips. I am also open to running this loop from the West first depending on participation I will be driving up from central AZ

View Rally Point
Last edited:

Jim SoG

Forums Manager
Staff member
Investor

Educator I

Reno, Nevada, United States
First Name
Jim
Last Name
Bro
Member #

Service Branch
USAF DAV
Not sure if you have ever been to the north rim of the GC but it is worth the drive.....

Jim

1Louder

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member II

AZ
First Name
Chris
Last Name
K
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K1LDR
Not sure if you have ever been to the north rim of the GC but it is worth the drive.....

Jim
Many times. Including this past July. I get around!

Dziedzic

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Kern County, California, United States
First Name
Sean
Last Name
Dziedzic
Member #

I’m taking a two week trip through Utah, Wyoming, montana, the dakotas, and Colorado. Leaving Phoenix Thursday the 30th. Always looking for some people to camp with along the way. Planning to be in Moab just for Friday night and then heading west for Saturday night before running up to Yellowstone.