Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Meet-up in Fresno with the hope of starting a reoccurring event that might have the following components;

1. Rig walk arounds learning from each other.
2. Education component, either some sort of presentation or actual hands on learning; tire repair, recovery, and so on.
3. Trail runs with a concentration on Comms/Nav training and practice. Trying to get everyone very proficient with both. And support the use of Ham and or GMRS in the Overland Bound West Region as a standard.
4. Have the meet-up on the same day and time of the month so people can plan on attending in advance.

All meet-up's are different it depends on the members wishes so come on out and lets talk overlanding.

View Rally Point

Caddis

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kingsburg, CA
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Regier
Member #

Put me down as a 90%'re. As of now my work schedule works that i can be there. Sometimes things change last minute. Love yo do it!

Inthewoods

Local Expert Central CA
Investor

Creator III

Visalia, CA, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Garcia
Member #

Question, Isn't it really HOT at noon time? Are all meet ups in the afternoon? 5pm to 7pm?
I got that tall dark and hansom thing dialed in and trying not to ruin it. LOL

I'll will try to make it. I enjoyed the last one.
AOM you going?

Reactions: ArmyofMike

ArmyofMike

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

fresno, ca
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YFE
I will be at the Dark Sky Festival in Sequoia/Kings this date, but will for sure look at future meetups! Thanks Kent for organizing this event! M

Caddis

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Kingsburg, CA
First Name
Todd
Last Name
Regier
Member #

I will be camping at the beach that weekend. I'd love to do another meet up. Sometimes when the schedule opens for a trip, you just have to do it. Hope you all have a good time. Until next time.

TOMB

Local Expert Central Valley CA

Explorer I

Clovis Ca
First Name
Tom
Last Name
Butler
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6STB
Thanks everyone for coming out. We had a great group, and I enjoyed the discussions. The plan is to make this a regular meetup. More to come. Tom

Inthewoods

Local Expert Central CA
Investor

Creator III

Visalia, CA, USA
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Garcia
Member #

Any updates on the next central valley meet up? With my job I need plenty of notice to make it so I am checking in.
Just spit balling here. How about every 3rd Sunday of the month around 2-4 pm. leave Saturday for the family and Sunday morning for church people and after that is OB time. People can get their rigs ready on Saturday for the drive on Sunday. There's my 1.275 cents

dunnymp

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Fresno, California
First Name
Shane
Last Name
Dunnaway
Member #

Would love to know when the next Fresno Meetup is. Haven't been on here in awhile and didn't see the last one. I'm local to Fresno and will definitely attend if I don't have to work.