HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
There are pics of the Pre-run that @seirrabob, @Greg, and I took on the trail. Go to the thread https://www.overlandbound.com/forums/threads/reno-overlanding-meets-and-runs.17576/

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Is this fine for a stock 4runner?
The only moderate rock climbing is up to the peak. A stock Rubicon made it when we pre-ran the trail. Do you have the stock running boards on your 4Runner? If so, you may want to remove them if you go up this part of the trail.

Oh! if you know Ellis Peak outside of Lake Tahoe, I was able to climb those trails when my 4Runner was stock and I removed my running boards.

Last edited:

on_the_run

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

Reno, NV
Member #

Is there any way to share the route after you guys take the trip? Like a .gpx file or Gaia gps file?

I work nights during the second half of the week, which makes meetups difficult for me to attend.

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Is there any way to share the route after you guys take the trip? Like a .gpx file or Gaia gps file?

I work nights during the second half of the week, which makes meetups difficult for me to attend.
Yep. I will track our run on GaiaGPS and share it on the recap post.

Sent from my SM-G960U using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: on_the_run

ryan_a

Rank I

Enthusiast I

Is this fine for a stock 4runner?
The only moderate rock climbing is up to the peak. A stock Rubicon made it when we pre-ran the trail. Do you have the stock running boards on your 4Runner? If so, you may want to remove them if you go up this part of the trail.

Oh! if you know Ellis Peak outside of Lake Tahoe, I was able to climb those trails when my 4Runner was stock and I removed my running boards.
Hello, thanks for your response. I don’t have running boards, it’s bone stock though. I have a lift and tires planned for a couple weeks from now.

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding

delta22

Rank I
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Dayton ,NV 89403
First Name
Marc
Last Name
Briseno
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KC7MZZ
Service Branch
Navy
Dave if you want to come up on fri. night i know a place where we can camp, also i will be staying at a great place sat. night. If you or anybody else wants to join me thats great

Chris Pyle

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Incline Village, NV
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K7ECH
Unfortunately I'm going to have to drop out of this one. Trans temps with my new 6.2 swap are running hotter than I'd like and they are sending me a larger cooler. I'm hoping to change it out this weekend but want to make sure everything is running well (cool) before taking the swap off road. Looking forward to meeting everyone on a future run!

Reactions: HappyOurOverlanding

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Unfortunately I'm going to have to drop out of this one. Trans temps with my new 6.2 swap are running hotter than I'd like and they are sending me a larger cooler. I'm hoping to change it out this weekend but want to make sure everything is running well (cool) before taking the swap off road. Looking forward to meeting everyone on a future run!
Sorry to hear Chris, but getting the rig fixed is more important. We'll catch you on the next run.

HappyOurOverlanding

Rank VI
Launch Member

Member III

Verdi Nevada
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7RAM
Tomorrow is the day. The smoke from the fires isn't as bad at our destination as it is in Reno. This according to a friend.

Make sure you bring plenty of water, snacks, camera, and your preferred comms device.

See you tomorrow

Reactions: Cmel06