Midlothian, TX, USA
First Name
Stephen
Last Name
Garrett
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy
We will run part of the eastern section of the Oklahoma Adventure Trail with Tim Bagley who will be bringing a brand new, fully loaded Turtleback Expedition Trailer, with overnight dispersed camping stops. This will be a weekend run, departing from Owasso, OK on Friday afternoon (Oct 5th) and ending in Broken Bow, OK on Sunday Oct 7th.

Stops are listed below, as well as the 'official' OAT route, but we may deviate from that some, based on road closures, conditions, timing, etc.

NOTE: Hunting season in OK starts OCT 1 for archery only. This shouldn't significantly impact our travels, more of an FYI.

View Rally Point
Last edited:
Reactions: Linda Lewis

SwampcatJeep

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Midlothian, TX, USA
First Name
Stephen
Last Name
Garrett
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy
Hello all! Sorry for the delay, I've been on vacation and disconnected. Details coming this week!

SwampcatJeep

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Midlothian, TX, USA
First Name
Stephen
Last Name
Garrett
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy
Ok. I've updated the RP with the details of the stops. Travel days are intentionally short to facilitate a large group and allow plenty of room for unknown variables. AS of this post, the stops are still tentative, because I have to call the state parks and confirm space availability, which I will do tomorrow.

JCBigler

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Chouteau, OK
Member #

Wow, thanks for this invite. I'm really interested in going.

And, as it happens, I'm not working so I have the time, and should have the money.

Also, I'm getting a lift kit installed on my Tacoma and new tires this week, so I should be well prepared. Getting a Bilstein 5100 with new 2" coils and an Icon 3 leaf AAL in the back. Toyo AT 2 tires. Can an otherwise stock 4WD Tacoma make these trails? No need for trailer armor? I'm assuming tent camping along the way?

I'm 95% of the way there to pulling the trigger on this and committing to the trip.

kobra

Rank 0

Traveler I

Sadly (kind of?) I'll be in Colorado during this event. Would have loved to make it though. Have fun everyone!

SwampcatJeep

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Midlothian, TX, USA
First Name
Stephen
Last Name
Garrett
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy
Hi All,

Sorry for any inconvenience, but due to scheduling conflicts we had to push this event back a little bit. New date is the weekend of October 5th. Route will be basically the same, but maybe slightly different overnight stops, and maybe a little shorter since we've only got 2 full days.

Thanks!

SwampcatJeep

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Midlothian, TX, USA
First Name
Stephen
Last Name
Garrett
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy
Hi Joel,

Trip has been pushed back to Oct 5th, but yes you can participate in a much or as little of the trip as you'd like. We won't be doing the full trail though, just a short section on the eastern side of the state.

SwampcatJeep

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Midlothian, TX, USA
First Name
Stephen
Last Name
Garrett
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy
Wow, thanks for this invite. I'm really interested in going.

And, as it happens, I'm not working so I have the time, and should have the money.

Also, I'm getting a lift kit installed on my Tacoma and new tires this week, so I should be well prepared. Getting a Bilstein 5100 with new 2" coils and an Icon 3 leaf AAL in the back. Toyo AT 2 tires. Can an otherwise stock 4WD Tacoma make these trails? No need for trailer armor? I'm assuming tent camping along the way?

I'm 95% of the way there to pulling the trigger on this and committing to the trip.
Hi JC,

We're excited to have you come along! The date was pushed back to Oct 5th due to scheduling conflicts, but I hope you can still make it.

Yeah these trails are mostly graded dirt roads, so your Taco should be fine. But if we run into anything you're not confident doing,I'm sure we can find a bypass or something.

Also yes, the goal is to get as much tent/dispersed camping as possible.

SwampcatJeep

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Midlothian, TX, USA
First Name
Stephen
Last Name
Garrett
Member #

Service Branch
US Navy
Hi All! Overnight stops have just been confirmed and updated, along with some additional information in the description and notes sections. Please RSVP if you intend to travel with us, and contact me via PM if you're planning to just meet us at a stop or only travel part of the trip. Looking forward to it!!

JCBigler

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Chouteau, OK
Member #

I won't be able to go. I'll be working all that week and weekend. And then going to Lubbock, Texas the week after.