• HTML tutorial

Mo_

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Modesto, CA
Member #

Toyota120:

Alright boys...….here it is, My annual Mojave Road trip!! And by the overwhelming responses on the BB trip, I expect so much more!!

Dates look to be September 17-19 2021......Plus an additional three (3) days for whomever wants to hang out as I plan on doing again!!!

I would love to have anywhere between six (6) and 8 (eight) trucks......We can most likely get away from needing a NPS special permit with 7 or eight trucks......Anymore than that, I need to get a Permit.

So, let's not be shy everyone......and for those who haven't been out with us, or haven't been out for a long time, it's time to come on out and re-explore the nations third largest National Park!!!

Reactions: dirtnsmores

my134Runner

Rank IV

Influencer II

Las Vegas, NV, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Anderson
Member #

I've updated the main planning thread over on Toyota120, with the expected addition of JP, we're at the max. Any more trucks requires a NPS special use permit, and there's not enough time to get one now, with the NPS antiquated snail mail permit process!

my134Runner

Rank IV

Influencer II

Las Vegas, NV, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Anderson
Member #

Just doing a roll call to make sure everyone on the list from this forum is still going. Please reply back so we know. Thanks....Robert (Trail leader)

Martin
Jesus Ortiz
"and the kids"
"Nozz"
"Line guru"

Reactions: Andthekids

smritte

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Ontario California
First Name
Scott
Last Name
SMR
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BI
Looks like you guys are gonna have a good time. I have mine set for the week after Thanksgiving.

my134Runner

Rank IV

Influencer II

Las Vegas, NV, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Anderson
Member #

Looks like you guys are gonna have a good time. I have mine set for the week after Thanksgiving.

No worries, it'll be a little colder then, but hopefully hunting season is over by then. Don't go in October!!! You'll see truck full of guys with guns All over the park looking for something to shoot!! And That's why I'll never go back out there in October!! Lol!! But, you're obviously invited if you're up to two trips in a couple month span!
Are you going alone, or do have a group going?

Last edited:

smritte

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Ontario California
First Name
Scott
Last Name
SMR
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BI
Are you going alone, or do have a group going?
Depends on who wants to go. I like no more than 5 vehicles but have had quite a bit more join in. I dont worry about a permit if the number climbs. If were ever asked, its two groups. As you mentioned, October is a bad time to go there. I never plan a trip then. I normally do one in November then in the late winter or early spring with at least one Death Valley trip in-between. So far on my November trip it looks like I have four or five going with a few that will bail out early, dropping down to the I-40 after either the train station or Hole in the wall. I want to be out 4-5 days but, that depends on who's left by then.

my134Runner

Rank IV

Influencer II

Las Vegas, NV, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Anderson
Member #

Depends on who wants to go. I like no more than 5 vehicles but have had quite a bit more join in. I dont worry about a permit if the number climbs. If were ever asked, its two groups. As you mentioned, October is a bad time to go there. I never plan a trip then. I normally do one in November then in the late winter or early spring with at least one Death Valley trip in-between. So far on my November trip it looks like I have four or five going with a few that will bail out early, dropping down to the I-40 after either the train station or Hole in the wall. I want to be out 4-5 days but, that depends on who's left by then.
I got you.....I think we have six or seven now, and that's enough. I've taken groups as large as 20 trucks, and I'm NEVER doing that again!!! Too many damn people to baby sit, and try Not to have them get lost because they don't follow the rules set fourth in the drivers meeting before taking off...….like, oh I don't know......like keeping an eye on the guy in Front And Behind you!! Lol!! And the damn wagon train was like 10 miles long it seemed...….well, at least though the dustiest parts for sure!!
Plus, I am done with the NPS's antiquated pony express permit process.....who the hell still uses snail mail for anything?! We go out Every Easter weekend and usually the third weekend of September, as Sometimes.....the weather breaks by then and it's not so hot...….not sure that's going to happen this year after the week we're having leading up to it.
After we get to Afton Canyon on Sunday, air up, etc....those going home hit the freeway, then me, and whomever else wants to go back out for a couple more days, hit Baker, then back out to my favorite National Park! We're going to head back out to Riley's Camp and hopefully grab a cabin Sunday night, so far, I know at least two of us are going back out for sure.
On Easter, After everyone else went home Eater Sunday, me and the dog stayed in one of the cabins for three more days...….good thing, as it was windy as hell....and the tent would have just sucked!
We'll be eating steaks all week, thanks to my buddy Mo, who since his first trip out with us has become hooked....and seeming, eats nothing but steak......so his fridge will be full of Steaks! LOL! We'll easily, just between his fridge and mine, will have enough fresh food for more than a week, or for an army! Lol!

smritte

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Ontario California
First Name
Scott
Last Name
SMR
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KO6BI
Heh. I know what you mean
I've lead trail rides for Cal4wheel for decades. The permit process sucks. The Mojave Road crosses Natl park and BLM. That means two permits. A few years back we got someone new in BLM. Four years ago they denied my permit. Park service for some reason didn't have an issue. These are normally done 8-10 months in advance. The largest single day trail ride I lead had almost 50 vehicles (in Stoddard valley). That was a logistics nightmare. Did a death valley trip with 20. I was surprised how few problems we had.

my134Runner

Rank IV

Influencer II

Las Vegas, NV, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Anderson
Member #

Heh. I know what you mean
I've lead trail rides for Cal4wheel for decades. The permit process sucks. The Mojave Road crosses Natl park and BLM. That means two permits. A few years back we got someone new in BLM. Four years ago they denied my permit. Park service for some reason didn't have an issue. These are normally done 8-10 months in advance. The largest single day trail ride I lead had almost 50 vehicles (in Stoddard valley). That was a logistics nightmare. Did a death valley trip with 20. I was surprised how few problems we had.

Never bothered getting a blm permit all of these years......never seemed to matter and rarely ever see a blm ranger. 20 was my biggest Mojave trip, I also had a multi club (Toyota, and two jeep clubs) on a local run called Tie Rod Canyon...….only had about 35 on that one, everything from mild to wild...…..actually went well also, but again, just a day run. I'm definitely staying smaller groups from now on...…..Lots of people and trucks = nightmare usually!!

Reactions: smritte

my134Runner

Rank IV

Influencer II

Las Vegas, NV, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Anderson
Member #

You all are just as quiet as our guys on Toyota120 lately!!! Lol!! Is everyone still in and ready to go?! I know for sure I'll be there, pretty sure Mo will be there...….I'll try PM'ing you guys.
Just so Y'all realize......we've got four (4) more days until we meet up either Thursday (if you're coming down from NorKal with Mo a day early) or Friday morning around 10:00 -10:30 am at the Smiths Food King in Fort Mohave, AZ. Let's get ready to Roll!

my134Runner

Rank IV

Influencer II

Las Vegas, NV, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Anderson
Member #

Sorry for the late response. I’m in!

Right on Nozz, please pm me your name, cell # and emergency contact info. I sent a PM (conversation?) to everyone. If you see that, you can either pm your info or text it to me. Thanks Robert

my134Runner

Rank IV

Influencer II

Las Vegas, NV, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Anderson
Member #

Anyone mind if I bring my dog? 10month old husky..

Nope, as long as they behave......mine will be having her 7th birthday on the 21st, we'll either be at the Geer Cabin or Curtis Cabin...….Not baking her a cake like we do at home, but will make her a nice piece of chicken or steak.
Mo is supposed to finally bring his dog too......then Jim will have kids...….so the kids get to take care of all the dogs for a few days!! Lol!

my134Runner

Rank IV

Influencer II

Las Vegas, NV, USA
First Name
Robert
Last Name
Anderson
Member #

Note to all bringing their dogs...….If yours as stupid as mine...….may I Highly suggest to invest in a pair of doggie shoes before you get down here!!! I wont let Cleo out of the truck now before getting her shoes on.….as I'm Not interested in spending two hours pulling out Cactus needles out of her feet, webbing, ankles, legs, etc.......again!!!
She's night bright enough to Not just walk right through the damn cactus!!!! So, if y'all's dogs also don't have a clue about Cactus......Shoes!!! LoL!