Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Northern Virginia
First Name
Bear
Last Name
Wrangler
Member #

Twenty-five minutes south of Ocean City Maryland, come join the Rally Point around a base camp flag on Assateague Island National Seashore OSV and hang out with fellow Overland Bound people. Enjoy a relaxed environment on a semi-private stretch of beach. Watch the ponies, fish, relax, talk, chill, nap...

View Rally Point
Last edited by a moderator:

Chon K3DHS

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Montgomery Village, MD
First Name
Chon
Last Name
Gann
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K3DHS
Tom, Awesome, thanks for taking the lead and planning this great rally opportunity. The family loves Assateague and spending the day on the beach will be a great way to close out summer. I look forward to meeting fellow off-road and overland enthusiasts and perhaps planning additional rallies in the greater Maryland area.

Reactions: Bear Wrangler

Wawa Skittletits

Local Expert East Region USA
Staff member
Launch Member

Expedition Master I

Wilkes-Barre, PA, USA
First Name
Drew
Last Name
Hawley
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
WRBZ674
Service Branch
USN veteran
Working that weekend but have a great time. We were just there a couple days ago and always enjoy it.

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

I’m confused, some mentioned the campground/sites, others OSV and a pass.

Just wonder which one? Or both? [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Bear Wrangler

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Northern Virginia
First Name
Bear
Last Name
Wrangler
Member #

I’m confused, some mentioned the campground/sites, others OSV and a pass.

Just wonder which one? Or both? [emoji16]

So campgrounds in order of proximity to the OSV zone include:
1. Assateague Nat'l Seashore (Feds)
2. Assateague State Park (MD)
3. Frontier town

The pass, provided by the Rangers on the Nat'l Seashore park, is called Over Sand Vehicle pass (OSV). It is required to drive on the beach.

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Nomadik Nova

Rank VI
Staff member

Member III

Falmouth, MA, USA
First Name
Kevin
Last Name
Nova
Member #

So campgrounds in order of proximity to the OSV zone include:
1. Assateague Nat'l Seashore (Feds)
2. Assateague State Park (MD)
3. Frontier town

The pass, provided by the Rangers on the Nat'l Seashore park, is called Over Sand Vehicle pass (OSV). It is required to drive on the beach.
Copy that. So, the meetup will be in the OSV area then? And will anyone be coordinating the camping together? Or just grab what you can?

I’m interested, but not sure if I’m available yet. So, just trying to piece it all together.

Thanks.

HardRockExpedition

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Chantilly, VA
First Name
Thach
Last Name
Nguyen
Member #

So $70 is for the whole year, this will be my first time and will be fun. Have thinking about it either Assateague or Chincoteague, but never get a chance to try. Will my jeep pass for all requirements? I have 3.5" lift with 35" tires, ARB pump, shovel, High lift jack 48", AEV jack base, tire gauge, and 10 ton Warn winch.

Bear Wrangler

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Northern Virginia
First Name
Bear
Last Name
Wrangler
Member #

Copy that. So, the meetup will be in the OSV area then? And will anyone be coordinating the camping together? Or just grab what you can?

I’m interested, but not sure if I’m available yet. So, just trying to piece it all together.

Thanks.

Grab what you can in the camping arena.

Look for the OB Base Camp flag on the beach. I maybe a several kilometers down. I'll try to monitor channel 28 too. If u have a CB, reach out when you're on the beach.

Reactions: Nomadik Nova

Bear Wrangler

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Northern Virginia
First Name
Bear
Last Name
Wrangler
Member #

So $70 is for the whole year, this will be my first time and will be fun. Have thinking about it either Assateague or Chincoteague, but never get a chance to try. Will my jeep pass for all requirements? I have 3.5" lift with 35" tires, ARB pump, shovel, High lift jack 48", AEV jack base, tire gauge, and 10 ton Warn winch.
Assateague has more beach. :)

Bear Wrangler

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Northern Virginia
First Name
Bear
Last Name
Wrangler
Member #

Stock 4x4 will be ok. But big and tall never hurts.