Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

No
First Name
No
Last Name
No
This is a fun trip! It isn’t difficult, but the roads are tight and the climbs are steep! We will camp at Table camp in the Snow Peak WMA.

View Rally Point
Last edited:
Reactions: michelle tj

britz

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Musselshell, Idaho
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6YTI
I'll have to do some recon for this one. Right now snow is still blocking the IDBDR from the Blue Cabin to Avery in the IDBDR, which would make a sweet and most direct return trip for me.

Captain Chaos

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

No
First Name
No
Last Name
No
Glad to hear that! We did the route a couple days ago, lots of photo opportunities.
I forgot to mention the need for communication. I have a cb and a dual band (2m and 70cm) ham radio. (KI7TFB)

Reactions: britz

G_fresh

Rank I

Contributor III

Missoula, Montana
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Perrier
This looks fun, I've never done this trail, but I'm close by in Missoula. I have an F150 on 33's and some maxx traxx; no lockers, no winch. I do have some off road experience, and recovery gear.. Wondering if this trail would be to much for a "sorta" capable full size?

Captain Chaos

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

No
First Name
No
Last Name
No
This looks fun, I've never done this trail, but I'm close by in Missoula. I have an F150 on 33's and some maxx traxx; no lockers, no winch. I do have some off road experience, and recovery gear.. Wondering if this trail would be to much for a "sorta" capable full size?
You’ll be fine. The climb up to Conrad will be the hardest, if it’s dry, you won’t have any trouble.

Reactions: britz

G_fresh

Rank I

Contributor III

Missoula, Montana
First Name
Greg
Last Name
Perrier
You’ll be fine. The climb up to Conrad will be the hardest, if it’s dry, you won’t have any trouble.
Awesome, I'm going to give this a solid maybe. Thanks Captain Chaos.

Sandpoint Steve

US NorthWest Region Local Expert
Supporter

Pathfinder III

Sandpoint, Idaho
First Name
Steve
Last Name
Marchiando
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI7POE
CB and Ham as well. K6YTI (K6Yeti). Have a loaner handheld for someone.

I need to start making a cheat sheet of HAM callsigns for our little region. I have @Sandpoint Steve 's, but maybe a talking point at the next Inland Northwest telecon.
I'm KI7POE
Dale is WU7X

JDangit

Rank 0

Contributor I

I think my son and myself should be able to attend! Do I need any communication gear? I have been thinking about a CB but this would give me a reason to pull the trigger if so. I don't have Winch or Traction boards...

Reactions: Captain Chaos

Captain Chaos

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

No
First Name
No
Last Name
No
I think my son and myself should be able to attend! Do I need any communication gear? I have been thinking about a CB but this would give me a reason to pull the trigger if so. I don't have Winch or Traction boards...
You should have a cb. You don’t need anything fancy. A Uniden 510 can be had for under $50. Just be sure to install it correctly and tune the antenna. A hand held works well also.
You won’t need traction boards or a winch on this one. I’m sure others will have them if the need arises.

Reactions: Getsome93 and WU7X