Sierra Foothills Overlanders - OLB meet-up, Kinetic and static recovery strap practice - 06/30/2018

• HTML tutorial

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
We will be having a practice day at Prairie City OHV on June 30th from 0900-1300 hrs. Main topics will be Kinetic Energy Recovery practice, static tow line rigging, vehicle tow point locations and connections. Klinton Kehoe is the lead on this practice session and will give a good overview of Kinetic straps prior to the start of the session.

We will meet at the staging area inside the park between 0830 & 0900 starting the practice at 0900.

Please bring all the recovery gear you would normally cary on your rig.

View Rally Point

Anthony DeMelo

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Folsom, CA
Member #

Hello Kent,

I am new to the entire overlanding community and life. I have a stock 4runner and slowly learning what I need to purchase. Is it okay to not have any recovery gear? I would rather learn what I should have from meet ups like this.

Anthony

Tim Fitzpatrick

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Walnut Creek, CA
Member #

Thanks for the invitation, the timing most likely won’t work as we are currently exploring up in Idaho and aren’t scheduled to be back in time. Would really enjoy meeting the group and the location is very near where one of our daughters lives, so we will look harder at our schedule as the week goes along

Otter155

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Sacramento, CA, USA
First Name
J
Last Name
N
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
AJ3EP
I'm hoping to make this and planning on it. Prairie City is a great place for controlled training.

Last edited:

37ryan72287

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Los Gatos
Member #

Thank you for the invite.

I would have loved to go, but i am camping with family that weekend.

Please keep me in mind for any future events/training opportunities.

Thank you!

Lance Foden

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

Reno
First Name
Lance
Last Name
Foden
Member #

Thank you for the invite . My wife and I will be out of the state at the end of the month. However we would love to come to another meet up. Please keep us in mind next time. Thank you!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Reactions: Curt_JK

JustinSenior

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

Tracy, CA, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
2/16/2019
Hello Kent,

I am new to the entire overlanding community and life. I have a stock 4runner and slowly learning what I need to purchase. Is it okay to not have any recovery gear? I would rather learn what I should have from meet ups like this.

Anthony
Same...Just learning we my son and I would need. I wouldn't mind coming up just watch and listen but don't have much recover gear, this would help me know what exactly to purchase.

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
Same...Just learning we my son and I would need. I wouldn't mind coming up just watch and listen but don't have much recover gear, this would help me know what exactly to purchase.
No problem just RSVP on the Rally Point. Even if you don't have gear you can participate! You may not know exactly what to purchase but you will have a great start on it. Hope to see you there.

icant4x4heretoo

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Hayward, CA
Member #

I need this. I as I'm new to this. You can watch all the YouTube videos but experience is the best.

TIA

...And family will be in town that weekend, So next time I guess!

Last edited:

Liana Lehua

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Southern California, CA, USA
First Name
Liana
Last Name
Lehua
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
N6WH
This looks to be a great meetup @Kent R and much needed. I'd make the trip myself up from L.A. but will be on a trip to the Sierras. I'd love to see something like this in So Cal. Have a great event!

Kent R

Executive Director
Staff member
Mod Team

Pathfinder III

El Dorado, Ca
First Name
Kent
Last Name
Reynolds
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
K6KNT
Service Branch
Retired Firefighter
This looks to be a great meetup @Kent R and much needed. I'd make the trip myself up from L.A. but will be on a trip to the Sierras. I'd love to see something like this in So Cal. Have a great event!
We will do some of these in SoCal once we get the framework ironed out. Stay tuned.

Reactions: Liana Lehua

RAWags

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Ripon, CA
First Name
Robbie
Last Name
Wagner
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YSK
Looking forward to attending this. I have a kinetic rope and soft shackles but haven't had the chance to use them yet. Thanks for organizing this. See you on Saturday.

JeepWave

Rank V
Investor

Enthusiast III

Broomfield, CO, USA
First Name
Eric
Last Name
Hutchins
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W0EMH
Hi Kent, I can't make it this weekend, but thanks for the invitation and please do keep me in mind for future events. It would be great to get out there on the trails with folks up there!

JustinSenior

Rank II
Launch Member

Traveler I

Tracy, CA, USA
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
2/16/2019
Man I really wanted to attend this but the wife already had plans for us. Sorry but thanks for the invite Kent! I really need to learn all of this so I can get out more