Vermont Overland Rally - 09/27/2018

• HTML tutorial

Dave Hughes

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Member #

Hosted by Vernont Overland, the Vermont Overland Rally (VOR) is a 4×4 overlanding birdwatching rally. Participants convene with their state of the art overlanding setups for rugged camping in an intimate rural venue. They awake to the irresistible aromas of Pete’s cookshack, our on-site breakfast café where hot coffee flows around an open fire from daybreak. Then everyone disperses in small groups into the backcountry in their well-appointed rigs using the provided downloaded trail mapping to traverse an overlanding route of their choosing looking for various indigenous bird species and stopping at great localvore spots along the way. At day’s end, the participants gather back at the vendor area to sample a craft beer from our local nano-brewery vendor and bond with the tribe telling war stories of the day’s adventures. Soon it’s time to grab dinner from our farm to table vintage food truck, have a poolside funnel cake and then take to the campfires scattered about at various campsites. VOR is a place to come and let the true overlander in you shine through. You’ll use your vehicle, equipment and training to their fullest and form lasting bonds with your fellow overlanding tribe members. A not to be missed overlanding bucket lister for sure!

View Rally Point

Jeremyv

Rank II

Enthusiast II

Lake George NY
First Name
Jeremy
Last Name
Vanier
I would love to go but my truck won’t be setup enough till next year. I may swing by and check peoples rigs out though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Deacon Bob

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Maryland
Member #

Would love to plan this trip, but concerned with "State of the art" . How state of the art do vehicles need to be, currently very much in beginning Over-landing build stages of 2017 Jeep Wrangler Willy's Edition.

Paladin2020

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Crawfordville, FL
First Name
David
Last Name
Allen
Member #

Service Branch
U.S. Army
You scare me, state of the art ? Is Old school Ok? I'm kind of new at the overland thing However I am up to any challenge but not above asking for a hand if needed. You'll learn more about my background If I can make this trip. do I need to RSVP ?

Andrew Warnock

Rank IV
Launch Member

Traveler I

Elma ny
First Name
Andrew
Last Name
Warnock
Member #

I would love to go but my truck won’t be setup enough till next year. I may swing by and check peoples rigs out though!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Same here not sure what stage my build will be at when that day comes! Definitely want to give it ago tho!

MrCoffee

Rank VI
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Springfield, Vermont
First Name
Chuck
Last Name
U
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KB1PMW
I am going to try and swing by, but maybe "overlanding" in Bowling Green Kentucky in my Vette that weekend.... sigh, so many trips, so little time... :/

Will have to see what state the Overlanding rig is in at that point, and the Vette for that matter.

Reactions: Gleb Russki

crow

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor III

new hampshire
First Name
will
Last Name
power
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
storm crow
Hosted by Vernont Overland, the Vermont Overland Rally (VOR) is a 4×4 overlanding birdwatching rally. Participants convene with their state of the art overlanding setups for rugged camping in an intimate rural venue. They awake to the irresistible aromas of Pete’s cookshack, our on-site breakfast café where hot coffee flows around an open fire from daybreak. Then everyone disperses in small groups into the backcountry in their well-appointed rigs using the provided downloaded trail mapping to traverse an overlanding route of their choosing looking for various indigenous bird species and stopping at great localvore spots along the way. At day’s end, the participants gather back at the vendor area to sample a craft beer from our local nano-brewery vendor and bond with the tribe telling war stories of the day’s adventures. Soon it’s time to grab dinner from our farm to table vintage food truck, have a poolside funnel cake and then take to the campfires scattered about at various campsites. VOR is a place to come and let the true overlander in you shine through. You’ll use your vehicle, equipment and training to their fullest and form lasting bonds with your fellow overlanding tribe members. A not to be missed overlanding bucket lister for sure!

are motorcycles allowed to attend?

Vtpeter

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Vermont
Member #

I've gone to the VOR for several years. This is a great event. All kinds of vehicles, stock to well built. And motorcycles too. There are trails for all levels, and VO does a great job mapping and describing the routes. The people who attend this event are really great. Fun to walk around to the different campsites and talk with everyone, and see their vehicles. Check the Vermont Overland website for more information. This event fills up very quickly !!

Tinkz Tank

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

New York
Member #

I've gone to the VOR for several years. This is a great event. All kinds of vehicles, stock to well built. And motorcycles too. There are trails for all levels, and VO does a great job mapping and describing the routes. The people who attend this event are really great. Fun to walk around to the different campsites and talk with everyone, and see their vehicles. Check the Vermont Overland website for more information. This event fills up very quickly !!
It already SOLD OUT in January.

Vtpeter

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Vermont
Member #

There are a few spots available. Just saw them on the Vermont Overland Website. I think they are in the vendor camping area. This is a "not to be missed" event. Lots of awesome vehicles, and the people are really great. Trail difficulty levels are mild to very challenging. Bring whatever you have, and enjoy. Coming up soon, get ready !! Another Vermont event this fall is the Northeast Flatlanders toy drive and trail clean up weekend. Check their Facebook page for more information.

Reactions: MrCoffee

JennaMaeJK

Rank 0

Traveler I

How do I enter to this event? I saw a sticker on a fellow Jeep, looked it up, thought it sounded like an excellent weekend, created an account, and now I cannot "create a crew". Any advice would be appreciated :)

Kilo Sierra

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Warren, New Hampshire, United States
First Name
Kyle
Last Name
Seaverson
Member #

How do I enter to this event? I saw a sticker on a fellow Jeep, looked it up, thought it sounded like an excellent weekend, created an account, and now I cannot "create a crew". Any advice would be appreciated :)
I'm pretty sure it's sold out at this point for 2019. Although as another poster said as it gets closer you might find someone looking to sell their reservation.

I ordered my spot in Early January and it filled up within days. Look up VOBS 2019 online. I just looked at it and it says there are "Vendor" sites available although you don't seem to actually have to sell anything. If you're motivated to pay a premium you might be able to get in. You can try to contact them to confirm.

Last edited: