Launch Member

Enthusiast III

California
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Welch
Member #

Lets go camping! I am a brand new member, I just joined last week. I want to go Overlanding in Anza Borrego Friday night April 27, and all day Saturday April 28. I have never been down there before, but according to my research there are plenty of Trails available. If anyone else wants to go for a quick easy trip... Look no further! lets go!

View Rally Point

SubeeBen

Rank V

Advocate I

Alpine, CA
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Jacques
Member #

Let me talk to the wife. I have been trying to get out there before the heat hits. Would like to meet up. Are you in San Diego ?

Sanman

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

California
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Welch
Member #

Let me talk to the wife. I have been trying to get out there before the heat hits. Would like to meet up. Are you in San Diego ?
I am actually in Ontario. So we could meet up in Anza! haha! but feel free to message me or even text the phone number above if you'd like.

Kenslittle72

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Princeton, Moorpark
Member #

The Springs at Borrego is really nice but not what you are looking for.
Where you camp really depends on where you want to explore the next day.
Arroyo Sallado Campground has pit toilets but other than that you wouldn't know you are in a campground. Top of Sheep Canyon has a few spots you can camp in.
Most people camp in or off of Fish Creek but a few of the trails end there. So if you want to run those trails you will see Fish Creek at the end.

Sanman

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

California
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Welch
Member #

Thank you for the input! If its anything like the other dessert areas I've been to, its pretty much just camp wherever you'd like and go explore. Hope to see you out there!

MerPau Adventures

Rank III
Launch Member

Influencer II

San Diego Ca
First Name
Paul
Last Name
Carter
Member #

I think me and my wife are up for a trip out there. I will try to get my son to join too. I will have to meet you out there, do to I am coming from San Diego. Pick a meet up point and we will shoot over Friday night.

andrew.rezz

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Fellow member from Ontario! I have not been Anza Borrego either and have been looking for people to go with. 27th/28th works great! Yes, please establish a meet up point and I will be there.

Sanman

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

California
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Welch
Member #

I think me and my wife are up for a trip out there. I will try to get my son to join too. I will have to meet you out there, do to I am coming from San Diego. Pick a meet up point and we will shoot over Friday night.
OK! That's Great I am so glad you could join us! so Campsite... We will be camping at the entrance to the Slot. You're Probably familiar with it, but its a really easy off road trail, should be able to take some good pictures Saturday Morning. The Coordinates are:

33.1822, -116.21391

I will try to post a revised Map... Anyone coming from Corona probably wont arrive till around 8:30, or 9:00 PM, but of course you can arrive whenever you'd like. We will camp there, cruise the trail in the morning and then convoy out to the Sandstone Canyon trail and Arroyo.

Sanman

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

California
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Welch
Member #

Fellow member from Ontario! I have not been Anza Borrego either and have been looking for people to go with. 27th/28th works great! Yes, please establish a meet up point and I will be there.
Hey! Andrew, I am so Excited to have you join us! So its been decided that we will camp at the entrance to the Slot trail. the coordinates are as follows. Since I have not been there, we may have to be flexible and camp a little further off road, but I doubt anyone here minds that! haha! Should be a great trip! feel free to comment any questions or text me at the number provided above.

33.1822, -116.21391

Sanman

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

California
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Welch
Member #

I’m down for the 27/28. Where are you all linking up ?
Sweet! So meet up location depends on where you are coming from. If you're in the Inland empire area, we plan to meet up at the Crossings in Corona, at 6 PM (the first map above). If you are joining us San Diego Area, you can meet us at these Coordinates: 33.1822, -116.21391. The plan is to camp there, and then head out on our trip the next morning. Let me know if you have any other questions!

Reactions: Will4R

Titan Tom

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate I

Los Angeles
Member #

Hi, i might be down. I've been up there once through the canyons doing little offloading and camping last year. I am not so sure about my current rig though. I am now in a huge ford raptor vs last years Range rover. I recall the paths i went through before were really narrow. camping was near fonts point which is gorgeous. Anyways, im going to talk to the wife maybe me and the dogs can join. would a offload camper be ok for the trail you picked?

Sanman

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

California
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Welch
Member #

Titan Tom, I think the raptor would fit, but I wouldn't advise a camper. I have not been there, so it's hard to say, but we will be going through canyons. Maybe take the tent? Haha! But we would love to have you.

andrew.rezz

Rank III
Launch Member

Contributor III

Hey! Andrew, I am so Excited to have you join us! So its been decided that we will camp at the entrance to the Slot trail. the coordinates are as follows. Since I have not been there, we may have to be flexible and camp a little further off road, but I doubt anyone here minds that! haha! Should be a great trip! feel free to comment any questions or text me at the number provided above.

33.1822, -116.21391
Sorry guys, something came up so I will not be able to join you guys. Have fun and post pictures/routes if you guys can!

Sanman

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

California
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Welch
Member #

Sorry to hear that; I will attempt to upload our actual track when we are done. But don't worry, there will be more trips! After all adventure is necessary ;)

Titan Tom

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate I

Los Angeles
Member #

Titan Tom, I think the raptor would fit, but I wouldn't advise a camper. I have not been there, so it's hard to say, but we will be going through canyons. Maybe take the tent? Haha! But we would love to have you.
Well its an offroad camper about 10' X 6' 2000lbs. I dont mind a few scrapes and bruises on it just prefer not on the Raptor. Depending on a few variables I would be meeting up some time Sat morning. say 6 or 7 am. Do you have a GPX map of the trail by chance?
thx

Sanman

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

California
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Welch
Member #

Ok, sounds good. We probably will not have left the campsite by then. There should be a button on the top of this page to download the gpx file, please let me know if that doesn't work.

Sanman

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

California
First Name
Justin
Last Name
Welch
Member #

Well its an offroad camper about 10' X 6' 2000lbs. I dont mind a few scrapes and bruises on it just prefer not on the Raptor. Depending on a few variables I would be meeting up some time Sat morning. say 6 or 7 am. Do you have a GPX map of the trail by chance?
thx
Titan Tom, there should be a gpx file on the top of the actual rally point page, let me know if that isn't working, but I think it is uploaded. Choice is up to you, and we are overlanders, we can take alternate routes too get where we are going.