Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Andersonville, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Elliot
Last Name
Mitzelfeld
Member #

We will be meeting at the Smoky Mountain Rafting office in downtown Gatlinburg and head out around 8:30am to make our way into the Smokey Mountain National Park and do the Cades cove loop trail. It is nothing crazy so pretty much any vehicle can make it. It is about an hour drive to get to the start of the loop, and the loop is about a 3 hour affair when you take it slow and enjoy the views.

Myself and a group of friends will be getting into Gatlinburg the day before and also doing the Roaring Fork Motor Trail, which is right in town if anyone else is interested in that as well.

The area is full of camping locations and I am familiar with the area so if anyone is interested in camping I would be more than happy to help you find some good spots.

View Rally Point

emitzelfeld

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Andersonville, Tennessee, United States
First Name
Elliot
Last Name
Mitzelfeld
Member #

I’m really interested. What are the odds of finding a camping spot this time of year?? Last time I was out there it was super packed.
Yeah. Gatlinburg is always packed it seems like. Haha. I will actually be in Gatlinburg already in a cabin with a group of friends and this is more of a side trip that a couple of us planned for Saturday morning. But, I just did a quick look and it looks like there are still some spots available around. You might check out greenbrier campground. It’s about 7 miles from the meet up point, and they have some spots still available.