Launch Member

Influencer II

Redding CA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Johnson
Member #

We will be doing an overnight-er / exploring the Ishi Wilderness. We will be meeting in Old Town Cottonwood at 8:00 am Saturday morning where we will be heading towards Paines Creek for some back roads exploring and an overnight-er in the Ishi Wilderness.

View Rally Point
Reactions: Kcrkolby

Cottonwoody

US West Region Member Rep
Launch Member

Influencer II

Redding CA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Johnson
Member #

Very cool area of Northern California with some impressive deep canyons. Not too high in elevation so it makes for a good spring, fall and even winter destination. Alot of this area I havn't been to yet so there is alot to explore. The road behind the camp ground is opening at the beginning of April and is described as 4x4 jeep trails. Camp location is beautiful next to a year round creek and of course there is a lot of history in the area to add a little context to the trip.

Attachments

Tyler Patterson

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Springfield, MO, USA
First Name
Tyler
Last Name
Patterson
Member #

Hi I'm new to OB and live in the Bay Area, I'm interested in joining the trip.

Is this trip family friendly?

I'm planning on bringing my two kids and dogs if I come along.

Thanks.

RedBeard

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Vallejo, CA, USA
Member #

Very cool area of Northern California with some impressive deep canyons. Not too high in elevation so it makes for a good spring, fall and even winter destination. Alot of this area I havn't been to yet so there is alot to explore. The road behind the camp ground is opening at the beginning of April and is described as 4x4 jeep trails. Camp location is beautiful next to a year round creek and of course there is a lot of history in the area to add a little context to the trip.
Sign me up.

Kcrkolby

Rank IV
Launch Member

Advocate III

Morgan Hill, CA
Member #

Hey you will see me up there that weekend!! I know the area VERY well as this is my annual hunting spot in Fall. I have been hunting there for 5 years but my uncle has been hunting for there for over 20. We even have a time capsule where we usually camp for the hunt.

I always go up in Spring to look for deer sheds (This area has the largest migratory heard in CA, found 8 last year, and 2 during deer season) and I also coyote hunt while driving around (last year we got 3). I will mostly be in the Tehema wildlife area(see attached). I usually go through Paynes creek to Hogsback road. From There I head down Ishi Road and past Fischer Campground and out to our spot. I've done most of these trails in 2wd but there are plenty of sections where 4wd and lockers have come in handy. This year, on Friday the 20th, I will be heading through Red Bluff roughly around 10am and making my way to Paynes creek.

There are may great trails and amazing scenery in this area. You can camp anywhere as long as you are within 200 feet of a trail. My CB channel will be 6 if you need any help while up there or want to meet up.

Attachments

Moriarty

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Stagecoach, NV, USA
First Name
Ken
Last Name
Brackett
Member #

Hope y'all can make it. Family and dog friendly trip. We will be working on the fine details @ the Monday night meet up April 9th.

WheelMe

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

Soquel, California, USA
First Name
Patrick
Last Name
Hung
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
W6AJR
This seems to be just west of the Peligreen Jeepway, which I'm planning to do in the fall...

Cottonwoody

Launch Member

Influencer II

Redding CA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Johnson
Member #

Hey everyone, I have uploaded a GPX file showing the rout to Fischer Camp Ground (where we will be staying the night) for those who would like to meet us there. I'm looking into finidng a GPX to PDF converter that is free and works well; any suggestions. Tried a couple and have not been impressed. More information coming regarding the itinerary shortly.

Cottonwoody

Launch Member

Influencer II

Redding CA
First Name
Scott
Last Name
Johnson
Member #

We just posted a PDF itinerary for the trip. Details regarding times and locations are listed. Looking forward to seeing you all. Thanks Ken for the PDF work.

Reactions: Moriarty

Moriarty

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Stagecoach, NV, USA
First Name
Ken
Last Name
Brackett
Member #

Woohoo! Jeep is loaded and ready for tomorrow morning. See y'all in Cottonwood 8 am in the morning. Nice and a 78+ degree sunny weekend forecast in the Ishi Wilderness.