Laud
Last Name
Maroney
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
-KG5QHC-
Service Branch
Air Force and Army
The 3rd annual Spring Roundup will take place April 6-8, 2018 just outside of Mineral Wells, TX. If that location sounds familiar to you, then you know that we are fortunate to have the Spencer Family https://www.cbadventuresupply.com/, open their gates to us once again for this annual event. This location offers many route possibilities for a day cruise through the countryside and some sight seeing. There are abundant tracks in the file section and we will also send a GPS map upon registration for self guided tours around the area. Due to the success of the Dutch Oven Cook-off last year, we will be running the contest again. Anyone is welcome to participate, and all dishes are welcome. Other activities include a Tread Lightly seminar, a raffle drawing, and a devotional Bible study Saturday evening with Martin Spencer.

We want everyone to have a great time and enjoy the outdoors with us. It will be a family friendly environment, so we encourage you to bring the kids.

There will be multiple portajons on site, but nothing else in the way of accommodations. This is a primitive ranch so bring what you need with you, and remember to Leave No Trace. Closed-toe footwear is recommended, as there is some aggressive vegetation in the area, as well as usual Texas wildlife. Pets are welcome, as always, but must be kept under control. The gates will open Friday April 6th at 2pm. Please do not arrive early. The event will end Sunday afternoon at 2.

• Children 15 and under are free!
• Adults will be $40 each for the entire weekend

Registration will be done through PayPal as friends/family. To register, please PayPal the appropriate amount to TexOverland@gmail.com, along with the names of the people you are registering (adults only), email address and t-shirt sizes. Once payment is received, we will send a confirmation email with entry and camp location. Please give us a few days to get the emails out, as we have day jobs, too. Each paid ticket will include a limited run Texas Overland T-shirt, vinyl Texas Overland logo decal and one raffle ticket. In order to guarantee a t-shirt, you must register by 3pm on March 18, 2018. We will do our best to accommodate people after that date, but it will be on a first-come, first-served basis. If you do not wish to pay via PayPal, please email us and we will work with you on payment.

We look forward to seeing you there!

View Rally Point

Laud

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Southeast Arlington TX
First Name
Laud
Last Name
Maroney
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
-KG5QHC-
Service Branch
Air Force and Army
Looking forward to it. Will this be the finish line for your epic trip around the state?
Figured it would make for a pretty cool after party......YES.

Reactions: CDE

Sidetrekked Overland

Rank V
Launch Member

Traveler III

Possum Kingdom Lake, Texas
First Name
David and Dayna
Last Name
Coston
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KI5NXU GMRS:WROE726
Service Branch
USMC
I'm glad I noticed this on here. I am not on facebook anymore so I don't get notifications from the group. I went last year and will go again for sure! I'll send my money today for two registrations and (hopefully) shirts.

Edit: money sent!

I'll buy more shirts if you end up with extras. I'm at possum kingdom lake a few miles from the venue so if you need any local help just let me know.

David Coston

Last edited:
Reactions: Laud and CDE

Jon Foerster

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

I‘m marking it on my calendar. I‘m new to the group and am looking for events to hit so I can start showing my kids the fun outdoors. What is the group listed under on Facebook? I‘m on there a good bit and am out of Denton Tx. I‘ve been building my rig over th past few months and are wanting to see about any meet ups to see about unique ideas.
Jon

Tex68w

Rank IV
Launch Member

Influencer II

Victoria, Texas
Member #

We had hoped to make this last year, but something came up last minute, I think we are going to make it to this one though.

Reactions: Laud

Tommys

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Round Rock, Texas
First Name
Tommy
Last Name
Sustaita
Member #

I‘m marking it on my calendar. I‘m new to the group and am looking for events to hit so I can start showing my kids the fun outdoors. What is the group listed under on Facebook? I‘m on there a good bit and am out of Denton Tx. I‘ve been building my rig over th past few months and are wanting to see about any meet ups to see about unique ideas.
Jon

Tommys

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Round Rock, Texas
First Name
Tommy
Last Name
Sustaita
Member #

John nice rig looks like you put in some work real cool. The Facebook page is okay updates are frequent and operate normal Facebook mission but this app is the best. With maps, locations and events you can't beat it.

Reactions: Jon Foerster

FX4Bob

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Plano, TX
Member #

Just signed up and I'm glad to see there's a Texas event planned. Definitely going to try to make this one.

Reactions: Laud

CDE

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor II

Mount Pleasant, TX
Member #

Jon
Texas Overland on Facebook

Reactions: Jon Foerster

Tommys

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Round Rock, Texas
First Name
Tommy
Last Name
Sustaita
Member #

Jon, I think TO is different.
Now with the new OB structure, FB has region classification. For example, Texas would be in the South West OB Region (with its own leader). You have to sign up on FB and be accepted to be in the community.

FX4Bob

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Plano, TX
Member #

Texas Overland on Facebook
I've tried joining the Texas Overland Facebook group twice, but keep getting rejected. No idea why. I guess I'm not one of the cool kids.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Tommys

Rank VI
Launch Member

Traveler III

Round Rock, Texas
First Name
Tommy
Last Name
Sustaita
Member #

Yes me too. I don' thunk someone is minding the store...thats why I have submitted to southwest Overland Bound region.

Reactions: FX4Bob

CDE

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor II

Mount Pleasant, TX
Member #

I've tried joining the Texas Overland Facebook group twice, but keep getting rejected. No idea why. I guess I'm not one of the cool kids.
Yes me too. I don' thunk someone is minding the store...thats why I have submitted to southwest Overland Bound region.
Odd. I believe Laud (the OP of this post) is an admin there, but I could be mistaken. This event is a Texas Overland Event.

Tex68w

Rank IV
Launch Member

Influencer II

Victoria, Texas
Member #

I just reread the event info, I swear this was in Llano last year, maybe that was a similar event!? I don't think we will be trekking all the way out west of Fort Worth for a day trip from south Texas, looks like we will miss this again.

CDE

Rank II
Launch Member

Contributor II

Mount Pleasant, TX
Member #

I just reread the event info, I swear this was in Llano last year, maybe that was a similar event!? I don't think we will be trekking all the way out west of Fort Worth for a day trip from south Texas, looks like we will miss this again.
Being located in NE Texas, NOTHING is close to me lol. I'm just as far from this event as some of the events in Arkansas or Oklahoma. I'll be making the 4 hour journey for this though. Should be a great time.

Reactions: Tex68w and Tommys