US Southeast Georgia Traverse NE Sections - 02/10/2018

• HTML tutorial

Keith McAlister

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Marietta, Georgia
Member #

8:30 am to 9:15 am Group Meetup, short social, driver meeting and fuel top off at Ingles in West Union SC. Enter the Georgia Traverse at Burrells Ford Campground Mountain Rest SC and continue to Dillard Georgia via a couple of short dips up into NC. Will take a lunch break in Dillard and those who want can depart the Rally and do their own thing. The Rally will continue departing Dillard on Betty Creek Rd. to Patterson Gap. There is interest in this trip from some 2 wheel drive vehicles so for those rigs they will continue on Patterson to Persimmon Rd. 4 wheel drive rigs will take the crossover trail off Patterson to Coleman River and down to Persimmon Rd. where the group will reform heading up Tallulah River Road to Charlie's Creek. For those vehicles who don't want to ford Tallulah River, we'll continue north on Tallulah River Rd. and cross the bridge onto Charlie's Creek Rd. Following the trail west, we'll hit Upper Hightower Rd. and follow out to US 76 where the Rally officially ends sometime around the 3 pm to 4 pm hour. US 76 east will take you to Clayton Ga. and US 441 for those heading east, north or south and US 76 west takes you to Hiawassee Ga. to Blairsville and all points south and west or northwest. For those who would like to continue the Traverse you can or for those wanting to camp, this gives you time to locate a spot with numerous options in the area.

View Rally Point

southernfire97

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Pascagoula, MS
First Name
Steven
Last Name
Conner
Member #

My wife and I may make the trip. She’s got to get her Feb. work schedule first. We would be coming from MS., so we would camp a few nights before heading home.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk

Gordonmedia

Rank IV
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Buford,GA
First Name
Ronnie
Last Name
Gordon
Member #

Man I used to do all those trails with my old jeep club all the time sounds like an absolute blast. Im defiantly in RSVP ing Now!

Last edited:

Keith McAlister

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Marietta, Georgia
Member #

We are almost halfway to the 20 rig count so if we hit 20 and more want to come, chime in. We can always add and take the larger group and split it and delay start the 2nd group from the first by 15 to 20 minutes so as not to jam up the trail.

Reactions: Gordonmedia