ArmyofMike

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

fresno, ca
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YFE
I am planning an overland journey through Death Valley to several locations within the park. This will be a mainly dry camp event, with the necessity for self sustaining for up to 5 days with limited access to gas/food/water. Grown ups, kids and grown ups acting like kids are welcome. We will be venturing to several locations with potential stops in: Alabama Hills, Reward Mine, Cerro Gordo Ghosttown, Father Crowley Point Overlook, Stovepipe Wells, Mesquite Flats Sand Dunes, Furnace Creek, 20 Mules Road, Dante's View, Harmony Borax Works, Badwater, Ubehebe Crater,Teakettle Junction, Racetrack Playa, and/or Lippencott mine. Route will be finalized as dates draw closer and winter road conditions, overland party size and routes are finalized. I would like to have a trip where we will spend time in our vehicles overlanding to locations and time on foot to see some of the beautiful sights of Death Valley.

Going: 13 (will accept 16 and we will travel in two groups, and camp in two groups).
@ArmyofMike +3
@Fakawi Tribe
@Chris Gribble
@Skip +1
@Vitaliy
@escadventure
@buckwilk and Dog Kate
@Theeds
@Boulder Burt
@BJP
@LRDSII
@Inthewoods and Dog
@BigDogKona

Tentative:
@RockRanger
@Stan the Man
@Jared L Rogers
@Michael

Itinerary: may be tentative depending on trip details as we get closer to dates in March 2018.

Sunday March 25th: I am planning to leave Fresno on Sunday March 25th, traveling through Bakersfield, up towards Lone Pine (1pm) It was nice going through Lone Pine last time and gassing up, eating and then hitting up Reward Mine (4pm) in the afternoon before bunking down in Alabama Hills (6pm).

Monday March 26th: Travel from Alabama Hills to Cerro Gordo early morning for a tour and visit 9am to 12pm). Eat lunch and then head towards Highway 190 and take Hunter Mountain Road to Saline Valley Road towards Lippincott Mine Road. Camp at dry camp for evening. We will be close to Racetrack Playa for night photography and pictures amongst the “moving” rocks!

Tuesday March 27th: Break camp and head towards Racetrack Playa and Teakettle Junction for some photos and to leave a souvenir, then to Ubehebe Crater to look around. Then, drive towards Furnace Creek. Camp for the evening near Chloride City.

Wednesday March 28th:. Break Camp, drive to either Harmony Borax Works or to Badwater, still TBD. Drive from camp spot to 20 Mules Road and around the trail, then to Dante's View Camp near Greenwater Canyon.

Thursday March 29th: Break Camp and head back towards Furnace Creek then to Stovepipe Wells and Mesquite Flats Sand Dunes. Then drive to Father Crowley Point Overlook and then to Lone Pine to gas up and end the adventure.

View Rally Point
Last edited:

escadventure

Rank II

Enthusiast III

Ruidoso, NM, USA
First Name
Marty
Last Name
Howes
Service Branch
USAF vet
Keep us posted on the deets. We're in NE NV and have been talking about doing the same thing... Would be into joining you

ArmyofMike

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

fresno, ca
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YFE
See first post for most up to date itinerary and planning information.

Thanks
Mike

Last edited:

Vitaliy

Rank I
Launch Member

Traveler I

Santa Clarita, CA
Member #

I'm so stoked for this trip! Thanks for putting it together.

I can vouch for the sheer beauty of Death Valley. I've done A LOT of road tripping through the United States and visited many national parks, and I must say, Death Valley is among my top favorites!

Reactions: ArmyofMike

ArmyofMike

Rank V
Launch Member

Off-Road Ranger I

fresno, ca
Member #

Ham/GMRS Callsign
KM6YFE
Yes, definitely planning now... Sweet... I'm in Victorville, where are you???
I am from Fresno Area. Will drive through Bakersfield then to Highway 58 and then 14, then 395 into Lone Pine. [emoji266][emoji266][emoji106]

ArmyofMike OB#7890

I am planning an overland journey through Death Valley to several locations within the park. This will be a mainly dry camp event, with the necessity for self sustaining for up to 5 days with limited access to gas/food/water. Grown ups, kids and grown ups acting like kids are welcome. We will be venturing to several locations with potential stops in: Alabama Hills, Reward Mine, Cerro Gordo Ghosttown, Father Crowley Point Overlook, Stovepipe Wells, Mesquite Flats Sand Dunes, Furnace Creek, 20 Mules Road, Dante's View, Harmony Borax Works, Badwater, Ubehebe Crater,Teakettle Junction, Racetrack Playa, and/or Lippencott mine. Route will be finalized as dates draw closer and winter road conditions, overland party size and routes are finalized. I would like to have a trip where we will spend time in our vehicles overlanding to locations and time on foot to see some of the beautiful sights of Death Valley.

Going:
@ArmyofMike
@Fakawi Tribe
@Chris Gribble
@Skip
@Vitaliy

Tentative:
@Stan the Man

I'm interested but I have no idea what my work schedule will be in the spring. Ill have to confirm closer to the date. I am going up to Cerro Gordo Ghosttown coming up to check it out with SCOTA. The trip you outlined sound like fun!