08' Jeep Commander, Marjeep

• HTML tutorial

Gotowork

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate I

Perry, Ga. USA
Member #

Bought this rig aprox. 6 months ago. It's an 08' Jeep Commander, Sport pkg. 3.7 L V6, full time 4x4 w/ quadra track I.
Have built a custom drawer storage system for the back cargo space. In the process of building a custom cargo rack. Installed a cold air intake filter by AEM. This was done to make room for a second battery system. Built a battery tray so far.commander_fall_NGA.jpg

Attachments

Gotowork

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate I

Perry, Ga. USA
Member #

Mods planned so far:
2nd battery
solar panel on top to power the system and keep it charged.
cargo rack w/ side LED lights.
shovel and High lift jack attached to cargo rack
steel front bumper
pressurized water tank

Gotowork

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate I

Perry, Ga. USA
Member #

Great to see there are other Commanders on here as well. I think the Jeep Commander is a perfect platform for overloading. I call it the poor mans Land Rover. :)

luchaDor

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pioneer II

Urbandale, IA 50323, USA
First Name
Doran
Last Name
Else
Member #

Yep, there are a few of us! I love mine, wish I had maybe gotten the better QDII system, but I wanted the 4.7L more than the QDII, so I have the QTII. At some point, I'd like to add an ARB rear locker which would really get me almost there.

The crutches being repurposed as table legs is awesome.

Rangervinny

Rank V
Launch Member

Enthusiast III

Thomaston, GA, United States
First Name
Vince
Last Name
Artese
Member #

Bought this rig aprox. 6 months ago. It's an 08' Jeep Commander, Sport pkg. 3.7 L V6, full time 4x4 w/ quadra track I.
Have built a custom drawer storage system for the back cargo space. In the process of building a custom cargo rack. Installed a cold air intake filter by AEM. This was done to make room for a second battery system. Built a battery tray so far.View attachment 43302
I really like the draw system is there a chance you can send me the plans and what materials you used on it

#TRD #Rav4

Reactions: luchaDor

Gotowork

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate I

Perry, Ga. USA
Member #

I didn't make any plans. I just kind of see it in my mind. And make it up as I go. Most of it is 3/4" plywood. I'd gladly take any measurements you may need. Can also post some detailed photos if you'd like.

luchaDor

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pioneer II

Urbandale, IA 50323, USA
First Name
Doran
Last Name
Else
Member #

No Sunroof? Lucky. I really want a roof rack that goes fully front to back...so I'll end up having to adapt something. Nice work!

Gotowork

Rank III
Launch Member

Advocate I

Perry, Ga. USA
Member #

Thanks. Sunroofs ARE nice. But, I try to keep it simple. And not crazy about dealing with potential roof leaks. Which seems to be an issue with Jeep Commanders.

Reactions: luchaDor

luchaDor

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pioneer II

Urbandale, IA 50323, USA
First Name
Doran
Last Name
Else
Member #

Thanks. Sunroofs ARE nice. But, I try to keep it simple. And not crazy about dealing with potential roof leaks. Which seems to be an issue with Jeep Commanders.
I never use them...mine stay closed and the visor shut. Yep, especially nice to not have on a Commander given how often they leak.

Lead K9

Rank VI
Launch Member

Influencer I

Franklin Park, Illinois
First Name
Lead
Last Name
Dog
Member #

I never use them...mine stay closed and the visor shut. Yep, especially nice to not have on a Commander given how often they leak.
Is that a common problem? We use the sunroof on our Commander as often as the weather here allows and have yet to run into a leaking problem. Maybe we are just lucky.

luchaDor

Rank VI
Launch Member

Pioneer II

Urbandale, IA 50323, USA
First Name
Doran
Last Name
Else
Member #

Is that a common problem? We use the sunroof on our Commander as often as the weather here allows and have yet to run into a leaking problem. Maybe we are just lucky.
Seems to be...but it all depends...mine is garaged, so not a lot to clog up the drain tubes.

Big.bucknc1

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

Concord, NC, USA
First Name
Jason
Last Name
Buck
Member #

The sunroof drain tubes are notorious for getting clogged, which causes a leak. Plenty of how to videos on fixing and preventing.

Sent from my XT1650 using OB Talk mobile app

Reactions: Lead K9