benweins

Rank I

Contributor III

Iowa
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Weins
New member, new build! Just purchased a new-to-me 2005 Ford Explorer XLT, 4x4 with the 4.6L V8. 93k miles on it, no rust. This is a unicorn in Iowa, normally the rockers and rear wheel wells are gone after 10 years! Planning on a 2inch lift with new rims and tires next summer, going to focus on interior mods this winter. Just purchased a set of custom WeatherTech floor mats tonight, should arrive in a few days! Looking forward to sharing the build with everyone.

Explorer.jpg

benweins

Rank I

Contributor III

Iowa
First Name
Ben
Last Name
Weins
I probably should update this I guess. Covid has kept me home most of this year so I've mainly been working on the house instead of my vehicles. I did manage to upgrade the stereo, add tow hooks from an F150, black out the grill, upgrade the fog lights, and ditched the factory tires for 267/70r17's. Planning on new ball joints in a week or two, and some strut spacers to eliminate the slight rub at full turn with the larger tires. Otherwise I've mainly been concerned with giving the vehicle a good tuneup and making sure there are no ticking time bombs on it! I did get a few chances to take it on some Iowa back roads though, it looks good with some mud :)
1601009109759.png

Reactions: EXPO_D1