03 Tahoe Z71

• HTML tutorial

03TAHOEZ

Rank II

Advocate II

Newark, Ca.
Member #

Well... Never done a build thread so here goes nothing...

Bought it used in 2012 cause my wife was pregnant and I needed something bigger and I wanted something 4wd. I have always loved this body style and the price was right...

A few years went by and I did nothing to her except maintenance, fuel pump and water pump. Then the influence hit, @Jasonb "persuaded" me into a key lift and bigger tires... Here she is on a procomp key lift/spacers and 285/70/17 with new procomp wheels...

Well... Then I got "persuaded" a couple months ago when @Jasonb told me about OB and that he wanted to do the Mojave Trail next year... So now she's on a 6" RC lift and has had the entire front end rebuilt...

And her shake down last weekend at Hollister Hills...

So now that nothing broke I can start working on finishing up the mechanical side of things... My wife has ordered some lights and all the parts needed for my dual battery setup for my birthday next week [emoji16], I have to start fabbing my rack and sliders. Down the road is bumpers, winch, and all the needed gear... Looking forward to posting updates as they come!

Sent from my LG-H910 using OB Talk mobile app

03TAHOEZ

Rank II

Advocate II

Newark, Ca.
Member #

It does well off-road but sway bar disconnects are probably in my future...I turned the keys down close to stock cause of how rough lifted keys ride and alignment issues... I highly suggest getting the HD tie rod ends, steering stabilizer, and custom brake lines... It makes everything much tighter and doesn't stretch the lines.

Rusty burbin

Rank V
Launch Member

Member III

Hesperia, CA 92345, USA
First Name
Jonah
Last Name
Gregg
Member #

Well... Never done a build thread so here goes nothing...

Bought it used in 2012 cause my wife was pregnant and I needed something bigger and I wanted something 4wd. I have always loved this body style and the price was right...

A few years went by and I did nothing to her except maintenance, fuel pump and water pump. Then the influence hit, @Jasonb "persuaded" me into a key lift and bigger tires... Here she is on a procomp key lift/spacers and 285/70/17 with new procomp wheels...

Well... Then I got "persuaded" a couple months ago when @Jasonb told me about OB and that he wanted to do the Mojave Trail next year... So now she's on a 6" RC lift and has had the entire front end rebuilt...

And her shake down last weekend at Hollister Hills...

So now that nothing broke I can start working on finishing up the mechanical side of things... My wife has ordered some lights and all the parts needed for my dual battery setup for my birthday next week [emoji16], I have to start fabbing my rack and sliders. Down the road is bumpers, winch, and all the needed gear... Looking forward to posting updates as they come!

Is that the war machine next to you?

Rustyburbin (OB#4084) from SoCal 5 kids, wife, dog and a 1970 K20 Suburban

Reactions: Jasonb

03TAHOEZ

Rank II

Advocate II

Newark, Ca.
Member #

@W4P honestly my wife is pretty cool about my projects. I worked my ass off to pay down alot of debt we had (side jobs help alot too), and I just bought it. Like I said, she's pretty cool, giving her a second son helped a little I guess...

Reactions: W4P