02 Blazer retirement and IH Scout resurrection

• HTML tutorial

Matt_Whitman

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Claremont Nh
Member #

I haven't been around for a while. A lot migraine headaches lately. Anyway. I have to start by saying I love my solid axle converted ZR2 Blazer but it's time for her to retire. An IFS frame doesn't hold up to solid front axle hardcore use. I've cracked and welded my frame more than I want to admit to. Not all is lost. I'll still have my Betsy though in the form of an off road camper trailer from the fire wall back. I was fortunate enough to find a 1979 International Scout that is begging for a revival. Yup; it needs quarter panels and some floor work but the frame is solid. Before I became a diesel mechanic in the Army I was an autobody tech so I'm not afraid to bend some sheet metal into new panels. The interior from the Blazer is going in the Scout as well as the 4l60e, Atlas transfer case, front d44 front axle (from a 79 f250 with ECTED locker and 4.56's) and 8.625 disk brake GM ten bolt rear axle with Yukon shafts, 4.56's and Detroit Locker. I'm not sure if I'm going to convert the transmission to a manual valve body or carry over the ECM to control it. The Scout's 345 V8 has some critters living in it where the distributor should be but I have a healthy 350 Chevy engine I've been trying to find a project for. To all of the Scout purists I will most likely rebuild the original drivetrain as time and funds allow. Anyway, that just about covers the latest plan for my Overlanding undertaking.

Matt_Whitman

Rank V
Launch Member

Advocate II

Claremont Nh
Member #

Ok. I admit it. I miss my Blazer so I'm going to fix it and sell the Scouts and Scout parts.

Sent from my iPhone using OB Talk