• HTML tutorial
PBDNavigate

Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About Badges

• The big question is what destination for the week of the 27th? Back up to the NMW in Maine or stay more local and explore Shenandoah and George Washington & Jefferson National Forest? Would love to hit Maine twice in one year but certainly a long drive. Decisions decisions decisions.
    Went and did a section of the TransAmerican Trail here in Virginia and West Virginia. Nothing really hard or technical. Most of it was hard paved roads but still a very scenic drive. I did find a great section of road (Rt. 55) right on the VA/WVA border that I will explore further.
    Looking more like a possible second trip to Maine and the North Maine Woods this year again in September. Looking like the week of Labor Day at this point. Will just have to see what shakes out.
    Truck took a bit of a beating on last trip to NMW. Shop today for a checkout and alignment. A little out of speck but good to go now. What are the chances of heading back to Maine and NMW in September?
    Returned safely from the wilderness of Maine yesterday. Drove almost 500 miles inside of the NMW at an average speed of maybe 30mph. Truck took a beating!
    PBDNavigate
    PBDNavigate
    Went in at 20 Mile Checkpoint. Drove all the way through to Allagash Checkpoint. Came back in at St. Francis and exited at 6 Mile Checkpoint. Camped at Hurricane Stream first night. Spider Lake second night. West Twin Brooke #1 third and fourth night. Stayed at some site near exit checkpoint fifth night. Drove a bunch of different roads in between. Would have to research the specific ones.
    Maggie1128
    Maggie1128
    Thanks for the info
    PBDNavigate
    PBDNavigate
    It was all in the North Maine Woods. www.northmainewoods.org

If you have never been there checkout this guys video. It really shows what it is like. I was doing a similar exploration trip. It was my second year. Planning on going back next year also. Have barley scratched the surface of that place.

Heading (hopefully)for the North Maine Woods on Friday after work. Hope to overnight in Augusta, ME on Saturday. Enter NMW at Twenty Mile Checkpoint on Sunday and exit NMW at Allagash Checkpoint on Thursday. Hope to be back in VA on Saturday. Always Forward!
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…