• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

RedBeard

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Vallejo, CA, USA
Member #

I have a couple of ideas for a 2 day trip over President's Day Weekend and wanted some feedback. I'd like to keep this first outing on the easy side and was thinking about either spending 2 days in Death Valley or Anza Borrego. Which would you all be more interested in? Any other ideas?

Anvil

Rank II
Launch Member

Enthusiast I

I am very interested in joining...I am “watching this thread”...no preference for either location as they are both new to me....thank you for spearheading...

v_man

Rank IV

Advocate I

Redwood City
DV is 3-4 hours closer to the Bay Area than Anza FWIW. That could equal 6-8 hours less highway time, you also don't need to drive through So. Cal to get to DV. Good luck, wish I could join...

RedBeard

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Vallejo, CA, USA
Member #

I'd still like to plan a trip, but there has been very little interest. I'll keep you posted, we have a monthly meet up tomorrow.
Drummed up some interest at the meetup in Dublin today. I'm going to close polling on Tuesday night and will post the Rally Point on Wednesday night.

ADV RIG

Rank I
Launch Member

Contributor I

Bay Area, CA, USA
Member #

Interested but I'm a n00b. What kind of difficulty and type of gear is recommended for a trip like this?

Last edited:

RedBeard

Rank V
Launch Member

Influencer II

Vallejo, CA, USA
Member #

Death Valley bound. Funtreks.com shows Sperry Wash and Butte Valley both as easy trails. I figure we can start there, both are at the southern end of the park. If we want more of a challenge there are plenty of moderate difficulty trails in the central/northern parts of the park (Pleasant Canyon, Marble Canyon, Cottonwood Canyon, Racetrack via Hunter Mountain & Swansea-Cerro Gordo Road).

Shane B

Rank III
Launch Member

Enthusiast II

Martinez, Ca
First Name
Shane
Last Name
Berry
Member #

I’m not going to be able to make this trip I work most holidays but everyone going enjoy and have a good time

Reactions: RedBeard