The Apache Indian & Tombstone – Part I
Thursday, February 18, 202109:00 AM Pacific Time (US & Canada)09:00 Hrs GMT -8:00
Tuesday, February 23, 202105:00 AM Pacific Time (US & Canada)05:00 Hrs GMT -8:00
- OVERLAND BOUND REGION
- EVENT TYPE
- Dirt Road
- Off Road Tires
- Spot Lights
Rally Point Notes:
>>>SAVE THE DATE<<<
June 16th to 21st, 2021 – The Apache Indian & Tombstone – Part I
Take a step back in time to see Apache Indian Country, how they lived, their battle grounds, etc.
- Tombstone area, Bloody Brunckow Cabin
- Old Fairbank Ghost Town / Charleston Ghost Town & Ruby Ghost Town
This is the main meeting location, Date and time: June 16th, 2021
10:00 pm – Flying J Travel Center - Gas Station, 1, Frontage Rd N, Ehrenberg, AZ
10:30 pm – Head out towards Fort Bowie & Apache Pass to start the trail.
Day 1 – Head out on hwy 10 to Tombstone, AZ. Will stop for fuel and lunch along with way. Will setup camp just outside of Tombstone around 4:00pm. (Approximately 350 miles)
Day 2 – Spend the day in Tombstone, checking out the town and seeing the sites. Gab some lunch at Big Nose Kates Saloon. There is a lot of cool things to see here and a lot of history of the old West. You can see where Wyatt Earp and his brothers lived.
Day 3 - Explore the backcountry of Tombstone, Fairbank Ghost Town, Bloody Brunckow Cabin & Charleston. Plan on doing a lot of hiking this day.
Day 4 – Head out toward Harshaw Ghost Town where we plan to camp for the night. (Approximately 100 miles).
Day 5 – Head out toward Ruby Ghost Town, then start making our way home, plan on camping in Quartzite or Blyth depending on our timing. (Approximately 250 miles).
Day 6 – Head home.
What do bring:
- Extra water, running at higher elevations you need to drink lots of water.
- Food, cooking stove, 1 bundles of fire wood.
- Jeep/Truck in good working order
- HAM Radio 146.460
- 33” tires minimum.
- Full size spare tire, tools and first aid kit.
- High lift jack or bottle nose jack.
- Extra fuel 10 gallons.
- Tent, sleeping bag and warm clothes.
- Start Point: I-10 Exit 1, Frontage Rd N, Ehrenberg, AZ 85334, USA GPS Coordinates: 33.60212, -114.52332 Notes: Will be meeting up there to start the trip.
This rally point location and route can be downloaded if the buttons are active. The “Launch Google Earth" option will allow you to review the location in 3D. Please keep in mind, actual terrain may vary greatly. This should be used for reference only.Save KML Save GPX PDF Launch in Google Map Launch in Google Earth